People are so mean...

Options
2»

Replies

• k92monica
    Options
    Girlfriend! Screw them! You continue to do your thing and don't worry about them! You are doing a damn good job with your weight loss! Keep your head high!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    That is so terrible. I have no idea how someone could treat another person like that. Just take heart in knowing that they are just pathetic teenagers trying to look "cool" in front of their friends and trying to make themselves feel better about their poor, pitiful lives. You are amazing and you are beautiful...this is YOUR journey and no one can ruin it for you :) Keep on truckin' girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    BRENDA LEE ???? ARE YOU LISTENING TO ALL THESE PEOPLE ??? They care and are telling you the truth, you have read more praise and support from these post's than what those dip *hits said to you! Take each word from your pals and paste them on your heart because you are worth it!! I thank you for coming to us and sharing your hurts, that is what friends are for! Chin up girl! They don't own the block so keep on walking!! I would have probably punched someones friggin face in! This sorta thing happened with some girls and I one night, he was derogative and I picked the little *kitten* up by the shirt and said apoligize NOW!!! And he did!!! We had a good laugh later but I always want to protect people from those ugly barbs they throw!! Guys words always seem worst to me, I don't know why ,not saying girls can't be vicious too! Anyway put a smile back on that beautiful face and remember people do care about you and your feelings!!!!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I am sooo sorry Brenda Lee!!!! I know that has to hurt, and it can be so hard to put it into perspective as it is happening. Remember something very important... Its not really about you. Remember being a teenager? It was a traumatizing time for most of us is some way or another. The teens who do the worst things, tend to come from the worst situations. I'm not downplaying what they did, just stating both sides of the fence. They probably don't realize that they actually can impact another persons life, I doubt that most teens do realize that. I bet you there was only one teen with the bad manners and the rest just followed suit because they just don't think independently at that age. People, regardless of their age, do mean things to boost them selves. We've all done it on some level, at some point. When that happens to us, we have to remind ourselves that this is OUR journey through life. Nobody can take anything away from you that you don't give them.

You have strong support here on MFP and you are a strong supporter! Even if you were some hot little twiggy chick, they would have sad things to you. They needed and outlet and you were just walking in the wrong place at the wrong time. Don't take it personally, their ignorance is their problem, not yours. You are a grown woman, you are strong, courageous and amazing in every way shape and form! That is YOURS! Nobody can take that from you! If they don't see it, then its their loss. I can see it, so can everybody else on here. Stick with positive people and positive people will stick with you.:flowerforyou:

Holly