I so need Help

leorey20
leorey20 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am newbie! I have joined a gym but I hate excercise period.......... I am so ready though! It has been just a few days since Ive, joined but I feel good about my calorie consumption. I just need help with my work outs. Honestly, I really dont know what Im doing. Personal trainers are extremely expensive, that I rather spend my money on healthy groceries to aid my weight loss. I dont want to hate excercise anymore. Can someone help me out with a regimen that does not kill me but slowly works me in to a runners high or something like that...I am only 35 and I want to look sexy for no one but me, myself and I!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Welcome. Does your gym offer zumba? I actually get up at 6:30 on Sat. to go to class and I smile the entire time. If you're nervous, just stand in the back at first. Everyone else is too busy to notice anyone else.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Just start by walking. Walk until you start to feel tired, then turn around and head for home. Do it everyday and walk just a minute longer each day. As time goes by, you'll find yourself wanting to walk faster and farther. While you're walking enjoy the scenery, listen to music, or just count your steps. If you have someone to walk with, great, walk and talk. If its your spouse, so much the better. You'll be amazed how much you'll have to talk about that you never had time to talk about before. Try it! It works!

Everything else can come later. Make exercise fun and you won't be able to live without it.
  • I HATE exercise too. I can't tell you how many times I've joined gyms only to stop going after one week. I just joined last Tuesday, and I've been doing great so far, so maybe you can try what I do. I bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and do it in the morning (only 20 minutes) and then when I get home from work, I go walk on my treadmill in my neighborhood for 20 minutes (usually speed 3.5ish at a 12.5 grade). When I get discouraged, I tell myself "It's only 20 minutes" and that really helps with sticking it out. I feel more encouraged and I know that I'll add more after I've developed a habit. More importantly, take it one day at a time and fight through the "I hate this feeling"! It's hard, but worth it in the end. Good luck! :happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am newbie! I have joined a gym but I hate excercise period.......... I am so ready though! It has been just a few days since Ive, joined but I feel good about my calorie consumption. I just need help with my work outs. Honestly, I really dont know what Im doing. Personal trainers are extremely expensive, that I rather spend my money on healthy groceries to aid my weight loss. I dont want to hate excercise anymore. Can someone help me out with a regimen that does not kill me but slowly works me in to a runners high or something like that...I am only 35 and I want to look sexy for no one but me, myself and I!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • I love all the support that you have all given me. I just checked my gym for Zumba, classes and they do have some! I also have been wanting to walk just spend some quality time with someone, like Mom! I will check Jillian Michael's 30 out. Thank You all so much!!!!!!! To sexy for myself!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    There are days when I hate exercise...but there are others when I absolutely love it. It grows on you after a while...especially when you see the benefits.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    I also have been wanting to walk just spend some quality time with someone, like Mom! I will check Jillian Michael's 30 out.

I am not sure if you were serious about working out with your mom or thinking about yourself and your daughter. I am 41 and my mom is 63. I tried The Shred but it's pretty high impact and rough on the knees. I have found "walking DVDs" which are really low impact aerobics work great for a workout with my mom. We can talk through the whole video - for bonding - and yet we are moving together. Check out the walking videos by ShapelyGirl, Leslie Sansone, or Denise Austin. To make it more challenging for me, I jog in place rather than march during the rests. My mom and I have been out twice recently and the question came up "what are you happy for" or "what are you grateful for" - both times mom answered "the extra time I am spending with Victoria while I am loosing weight" :noway: I thought WOW - not only am I burning calories but mom is appreciating this too. Best of luck to you.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    I used to hate exercise, too. Now I feel weird if I don't go to the gym and a walk every day. I find myself having to tell myself over and over that all the research says your body needs a recovery day and I don't want to set my progress back.
    34at35 is right about walking, just start slow and add a litte to it every day. Eventually you will see results and--though you may never LOVE exercise--you will come to appreciate it for the 'side efects' that you get:laugh:
    Just keep trying different things until you find one exercise that makes you feel good.
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Hello, I'm new and glad I found this site..Thanks to a friend "READY".

Its a struggle to get out and work out, but so far I'm managing by reminding myself that I must do it if I want to get better results. So far it s working.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member

Its a struggle to get out and work out, but so far I'm managing by reminding myself that I must do it if I want to get better results. So far it s working.

A big welcome to you too! :flowerforyou: You'll LOVE it here! :love:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    I like competition :)

So, I compete with myself every time I work out. I walked X distance last time, THIS time I'll go another 1/4 mile. I did 15 minutes on the highest level of the elliptical last time, I'll do 16 minutes THIS time. I did 30 reverse crunches at #6 slant last time, I'll do 35 THIS time or do them on #5 slant. I keep a notebook to mark down what I've done on my workouts and always try to beat myself in some way. It works well :bigsmile: .

Good luck!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member

ohh, your welcome. i said this website is the best...

Ready42010 Aka Falha
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    MUSIC!!! Make sure you download your favorite music and listen while you exercise. I cannot tell you how many times I haven't wanted to exercise but then when I put on my music it really gets me ready to go!
This discussion has been closed.