Introductions!

Options
Hi, I'm Kayt. I just joined MFP this week and so far I like it a lot!

I joined for a couple of reasons, mostly to keep myself busy (I live at a very isolated hotel in the Puerto Rican mountains) and to help with portion control (I have free access to our hotel's very large and well stocked fridges and am finding it tough to resist eating ALL the time!)

I spent the last nine months living in an isolated resort town in the Alberta Rockies and found that over that time I lost a great deal of strength, balance and stamina as well as falling into terrible habits of drinking and eating excessively. I found that, by the time I left, I both looked and felt awful physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and am using my opportunity in this beautiful new place as an all around fresh start. I am pleased to say that since moving here almost a month ago, I have quit smoking and have taken an excessive, daily drinking habit down to only one or two drinks a week.

I don't have a scale, but I do have a measuring tape and am religious about taking measurements every week. I kind of wish I had some way of tracking my progress, does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, while I am on a running program, practice hatha yoga every day, and am about to start a swimming program as well, I still have an abundance of time on my hands, which is often when I turn into a fridge raider! Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping busy, active, and exercising not just my body, but my flabby willpower, too?

I'm looking forward to the months ahead, to finding balance, building back my strength, and looking and feeling a lot better, hopefully in the near future!

Replies

• jacquelinekrigby
    Options
    Hey everyone! Ok so I joind mfp on November 19, the day before my 29th birthday! I am really excited about the journey a head of me I can not wait to get my figure back after having kids, I have 3 sons that are my pride and joy. If you wanna know more just ask!
  • Hi everyone! I joined MFP to help with my portion control and track the things I am eating. I have a two year old son that I have not been able to recover from having and I am pregnant again. I only gained 26 lbs with my first and I am hoping to only gain that much with my next one. I have never been very good at controlling what I eat so this will be quite a challenge for me. If you want to know any more, feel free to ask!
  • newglow2000
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone Im new and Im loving it!

299510.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator