PMS is EVIL--- 5lbs in 2 days

Options
2»

Replies

• BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Going through it right now. you know who is evil? Sarah Mc Laughlin. Have you seen those abused animal commercials? I just cried like a baby because the kitty looked so sad. Earlier I cried because I was too short to buy the bike I wanted. The I cried becuase my fiance was trying too hard to make me feel better and I felt bad. Now I want pretzels. Fvck PMS

LOL!!!!....I'm sorry. It totally sucks, but....LOL!
  • PerfectAndi
    Options
    Don't wiegh yourself 2-3 days before you expect your period, during your period, and 2-3 days after.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    yeah, I gain 4-6 lbs every time. And I get mine every 23 days...
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I also found out I retain water when I ovulate. So between that, PMS, and my TOM, I'm bloated HALF the month! Menopause is lookin pretty good to me! Surely its getting close.
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I gain 4 lbs of water for 10 days of the month. It's like clock work.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This is always my standard reply but you have thought about going Primal? If you stop eating that stuff the cravings subside. They don't go away (unfortunately I have had a craving for a corn dog for at least a month now) but they get less.

I fill up on meat and veggies and around that time indulge in some dark chocolate for the cravings.
  • BetherFace
    Options
    Oy, I had my period last week for the first time in 20 months (yay breastfeeding). I felt like I was twelve years old again, it was AWFUL. And I ended up gaining nearly five pounds and I could not stop eating. I was a bottomless pit. It finally ended and after the bloat went down I was only up a half a pound so I guess it could have been worse but UGH it almost makes me want to get pregnant again.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Do you know how much of a relief it is to see that I am not the only one who has such a tough time dealing with PMS? It makes me feel normal!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Oh can I relate.....gain a minimum of 5lbs, Retain water like a mutha, and 2 months ago ate Oreos for dinner. And I was in full force PMS...."I do not care. I am eating these effing Oreos for dinner." They are yummy...... A whole row. Nom nom nom.......Yep. Its ignorant.:flowerforyou:
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used to be so bad during my TOM but now I'm on the pill...it doesn't help cravings it helps me keep track. When I crave Oreos for dinner or cry at commercials at the first sign I check my pill pack and BINGO....ugh that's PMS talking so instead of giving in I have a healthy snack ... and if I just can't take it and I need chocolate I have Chocolate Chex, or like others have said one piece of good chocolate (I keep it in the freezer so it's hard to eat and trick myself into thinking it lasts longer that way lol!)
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Holy Guacamole can I ever identify with this problem. Dealing with it right now and hoping at the end of my visit from AF I will have lost that extra water weight and be thrilled with the progress I made.
    I'm with Bakerchk I usually let myself indulge my cravings in much smaller portion sizes than I have in the past and try to find an alternative if I am craving something truly decadent like cheesecake. mmmmmm cheesecake.

@Thatonegal, did you say cheesecake????/

How dare you! ;)
  • terrisk8
    terrisk8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last weekend I had this craving for McDonalds Big Mac and fries...which I have not had in months. Luckily I was able to fight the craving off....then bam...my period comes on Tuesday morning. I had the worst cramps and the weepies too.
    I also find that right before my period, I can't sleep worth a damn. Then Auntie comes to call and it's tough to get out of bed in the mornings.