The new guy

JD44
JD44 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all, so a little about me. I am 35 yo 6'3" 245 lbs. If that was all muscle I would be hot but yeah it is soooo not lol. I have 3 children and am quickly realizing that fat dad can't keep up. Just went to the dr and my cholestorol is all out of wack and that I guess is finally what made me realize that hey dummy you are getting older and all those Twinkies have finally caught up with ya. Oh wait here is the best part, I am a pastry chef. So long story short, I need to drop some lbs and get the old cardio back where it once was so I can stick around to see those grandbabies someday. Ultimate goal is to be below 200 and have a cruise coming up in January and would like to be able to hang at the beach without feeling beached. So, anyway. Take care you all rock for taking a stand and doing what you can to better yourselves!!!!

Replies

• SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Welcome to MyFitnessPal.com. This is a good place to achieve your weight loss goals. I love this site and I hope it is as good to you as it has been for me.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Hey JD. Welcome to MFP. It's rather interesting how everything seems to catch up with us right around age 35. :tongue:
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    welcome JD and good luck you will find anything you need on this site its great and by the way are you from cincinnati i noticed your UC hat go bearcats well im in cinci to and i like UC but i bleed UK BLUE lol
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Welcome, JD. You'll love it here. You've already taken the first step to better yourself- you're here! :wink:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Hi JD and welcome to a really cool site! Log your calories, (no cheating or the scale will call you a LIAR) drink 64 oz. of h2o and TRY to do an hour of cardio/weight lifting! You can do this!! A pastry chef? Oh Lord you look good for a pastry chef, I be a friggin tank!! Love em but I will work em off when I do indulge! I do wish you success and keep posting, it's fun and it is motivating! Be good!!!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Welcome! This is an awesome site!:happy:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    :flowerforyou: Hey JD, Welcome. I am visiting from the Women 50+ thread. You couldn't have picked a better place to come to start your new lifestlye. Log your food and exercise it will help you see where you need to cut back and step up. AND it will help to keep you on track when you see how many calories you are eating. Exercise is the most important thing. If you haven't been doing much in the way of exercising start out slow and each week step it up a notch. The weight will just melt away. Good luck and stick with us at MFP. Rosemary
    PS Always remember to drink:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: that water.
This discussion has been closed.