Day one

Options
Today is day one for me. This journal is so cool. I love that it knows the calorie count and food type automatically. Does anyone have a success story to share with me? Been battling weight my whole life.

Replies

• Baigle2003
    Options
    Today is day one for me. This journal is so cool. I love that it knows the calorie count and food type automatically. Does anyone have a success story to share with me? Been battling weight my whole life.
  • denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the site too. But I'm at a plateau and have been for 4 years now. I am hoping that this will help me to bust my plateau and reach my goal weight. In February 2003 I was at my highest weight of 170lbs. I had no energy and hated looking at myself in a mirror. I had been to visit my daughter who is very much over weight and when I came home I decided that it was time I took control and lost the weight. I started watching my diet and exercising everyday. In one year I lost 30 pounds and over 40 inches!! I then injuried my knee and couldn't exercise any longer. I had my knee surgery a year later and started exercing again only to find out that the surgery had not been successfull so I was back off exercising once again. When I had my last surgery in Dec 2006 i was back up in weight not much but enought to make me eager to exercise again. Which I did. and then in July of th is year while at work I slipped on water and tore my knee again. I am still trying to exercise wearing my knee brace but have had to make modifications. the weight does come off you just have to have determination and support from those around you or from fellow members here that can maybe help both of us. Don't give up!! Believe in yourself!!
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    You just can't give up despite the injurys and surgerys. I had surgery last week, and am just sitting here doing nothing. So I feel like a wide load. And I keep watching the Biggest Loser and it's totally inspiring me to lose these last few pesky pounds. Ever notice how you can stay heavy at the same weight for 10 years, but can't get to 125 and stay there for 10 years? What's up with that?! Good luck to you, I think this website will help us both!
  • wardogg
    Options
    Im not sure if you can call this a sucess story...but here goes. Stepped on the scale for the first time in about half a year about a week ago. I was the highest Ive ever been in my life. I knew it was creeping up on me but that day was an eye opener. So I started tracking on here my calorie intake and running more now than I have ever in my life. Average of 2.5 miles every other day....sometimes as high as 7 miles on the same day. Well after exactly 8 days on this new program I'm down 5 pounds. Only 25 more to go. But I definately feel like this site works!!
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    Wow you really stepped it up! The hard part for me is the counting calorie thing. I did South Beach for a while and that works quite well. But I got a little tired of not being able to include all foods in my diet. How often do you weigh yourself now? Is once a week good?
  • wardogg
    Options
    Twice a day once in the morning once at nite. I usually gain 2 pounds during the day and then lose them at nite. Yesterday I weighed 176 in the morning....just before bed I weighed 178 and then back to 176 this morning. Down from 180 and 182 when i started.
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    My body work the same way. I'm kind of hoping to get on the scale once a week and see something a little more dramatic. Right now I'm recovering from surgery, but as soon as I'm better I'd like to start running again. It seems to be the fastest way to shape up.
  • christabella12
    Options
    Hello everyone, Yes this is a first for me so hopefully by keeping track of progress will the added incentive to keep on track. Cheers
  • denimangel
    Options
    how are you doing so far? My husband got tired of my complaining when i couldn't exercise. Now I have a new knee brace so I can do a bit more. But before that he encouraged me to lift weights even if sitting on a dining room chair. At least I could keep up my upper body exercising and the more muscle you have the more you burn calories. Maybe you can do something like that. Like you I watch biggest loser every week and they are an inspiration to me. I even ordered one of the books and the exercise dvd. talk about pushing yourself some of them hurt but when I do them..like the plank position I keep thinking "I"m gonna get skinny again... I'm gonna get into those tight jeans and sexy dresses my husband bought for me" and when i start sweating its like " wow.. more pounds coming off!!" Maybe we can be an inspiration to each other.

Where are you at? I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada
  • Baigle2003
    Options
    I'm in Maine. Good for you. Strength training works very well. I had a personal trainer a few years ago, and he used to abuse me in the gym. But I had the body I had only dreamed of, finally, at age 30. But now, at 37 years old....I'm doing it all over again. It was so easy to stop working out and play with my new baby. Also, I think job stress and an unhappy marriage contributed to my failure Or perhaps sheer laziness. : ) All in the past, and back on track now. I hope your new brace helps your knee. Good luck to you!
  • denimangel
    Options
    :smile: Hey!!! how you doing? I broke my plateau and so far I have lost aboaut 11 pounds!! down another size in pants so that is good!! Hope you are doing well too!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Baigle
    Welcome. This is a great site. I have lost 15 pounds since the first of November. This site was a real eye opener for me.
    I wish you luck and much success.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi Baigle, glad to see you found the site. I've never used an online site like this before but was looking around and found this one. It just caught my eye. I've lost weight on and off for years. The last time I wrote everything down and it worked well but I gained it back. This time I was looking for something faster than writing everything down and I wanted a support system. Thanks to everyone who has helped me here, alot of hard work and complete honesty in my choice of food I have lost 30 lbs in about three months and I'm not done yet. I'm about half way there. But I know with this site I can make it because I know I'm not alone and I can come here and people answer when I have a bad day. I hope you enjoy this place as much as I have. I will call this a success story when I can keep my weight the same for more than a year. This is a learning experience in willpower and about exercise. I wish you success.