Lean Beef and 500 cals to work with, what would you make?

Options
I need something quick easy, kid-friendly and delicious

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love tacos using corn tortillas and loading it down with tons of pico and cilantro.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out how to copy and paste a picture of the recipe as I entered it into MFP, but here's one kids would like:

Hamburger crusted pizza

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    Mix one lb of lean ground beef (85% lean or better) with an egg and a quarter cup reduced fat cheddar. Flatten on the bottom of a sprayed baking sheet pretty thing and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked thru.
    Top with typical pizza toppings, but heavy on the veggies. If you want pepperoni, I'd go with turkey pepperoni. I use a LOT of sauce, reduced fat mozzarella, and sautee peppers, mushrroms, and onions and toss those on top. My part also gets some hot cherry peppers and garlic!
    Back into the oven until it's all kinds of gooey deliciousness. Warning: you'll probably need to eat this with a fork. I know folks who mix some bisquick into the ground beef mixture and that would probably help hold it together, but I'm a type 2 diabetic, so low carb is my world!

My version was about 385 calories in MFP. This makes 4 servings, which might be a low estimate for heavier eaters. I just serve it with a monster-sized green salad and I'm good.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would make tacos as well. That is my go to when I have been and am hungry but don't have a lot of calories. I can eat 3 tacos for under 400 calories.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    stir fry! easy peasy
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Tacos are my stand-by or meatloaf or chili.