New to Fitness pal / Ready to go for it

:smile:

Have struggled from depression in past and have put on weight due to meds, but stubbornly determined to get a grip. Stopped smoking last autumn so hoping to be strong with this diet and exercise plan too. Started this eve with a 30 min walk x Would welcome new friends in similar position =)

Replies

• hi. it's awesome that you quite smoking. i know so many people who have tried and failed. only my grandma seems to have been successful so far. i don't really smoke but i am quite fat and ready to start dropping weight even if it doesn't happen fast. keep walking and logging and i am sure you'll be successful!
  • Franc4
    Franc4 Posts: 4
    Thanks darkangel x Good luck with the diet x
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Wow... We posted almost simultaneously and have virtually the same concerns. Consider me a supporter. :flowerforyou:
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Congrats to you on quitting smoking and on your fitness journey. I'm in a similar situation in that I've struggled with depression and anxiety for over 10 years, but refuse to take meds. I have gained my weight back and lost it due to the depression with either over eating or under eating. I am working on fixing that and been doing pretty well.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking for new friends. :)