Need low calorie zuchini recipes

Options
Slendermike
Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
I picked almost 10 pounds of zuchini today and I need to get rid of it, and help is appreciated

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You can do alot with zuchinni ! Ive heard and seen recipes that have zuchinni in baked goods such as muffins, bread, even cookies. I like to sautee zuchinni, garlic, mushrooms,onion, and bell peppers and serve it over brown rice. Yumm !
    Google low cal zuchinni recipes and you`ll have a ton of options :)
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Zuchini boats! Cut them in half, then blanch them in water for 60-90 secs. Place them in a glass dish. Hollow out the middle with spoon, then fill the hollow with (cooked) sasauge, beef, chicken - whatever your heart desires. Cover with marinara sauce and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Yum! I just made these with sausage, onion, and garlic and the hubby had the entire pan gone in a day!
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you like mexican, you can pretty much do the same thing with your favourite ingredients, just sub zuchini for the shell. They are really good with shredded chicken and enchilada sauce or salsa.
  • MartinaC32
    MartinaC32 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Send some to me! LOL

The zucchinis around here are the size of small bananas. Not good.
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    Go to www.skinnytaste.com ....she has TONS of fantastic zucchini recipes!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Spiralize it and use it as noodles
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini! My favorite way to fix it is to heat a grill skillet (the kind with the ridges) halfway between medium and hot, then spray with cooking spray. Pop in really thin slices of zucchini (and yellow crookneck squash, if available) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until both sides have lovely dark brown marks.

My mom eats 'em as fast as I can cook 'em.

Leftovers (if there are any) straight out of the fridge are good, too.
  • Trauma_mama
    Options
    1 large zucchini
    1/2 1 box shake-n-bake parmesan crusted
    jar marinara sauce
    light mozarella cheese
    cooking spray
    2 eggs beaten

Slice Zucchini about 1/2 inch thick slices, place in egg wash, cover with parmesan crusted shake-n-bake, place on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray, bake 8 min on each side. Place in glass baking dish, top with marinara sauce and light mozzarella, bake until cheese is melted. So yummy!!
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    shredded zuccini, carrots and onions, celery and I used yellow capsicums (may need to squeeze out some of the juice if its really a lot of it)
    your own combination of spices for me I like it hot so chilli powder
    Good shot of tabbasco again I like it to be a healthy shot
    ground/minced turkey I used 250g
    and 1/4 cup of quinoa (precooked in 1/2 cup of water)

all mixed together and cooked for a bout 45 mins you shoulder have a nice meatloaf
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    Just go to skinnytaste.com. It's just awesome. Tons of zucchini recipes.
  • missmgray
    missmgray Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am in love with zucchini ribbon salad. Just take your veggie peeler and shave the raw zucchini into long ribbons. Garnish with scallions, grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds, carrot ribbons, and your fave dressing. So delish and it looks super fancy too.
  • MandieKayFit
    MandieKayFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this tonight, I think:

http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/13338
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bump! Yum Love Zuchini...in fact, just finished eating some with a little hummus.
  • ashlensmomma
    ashlensmomma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Zuchini boats! Cut them in half, then blanch them in water for 60-90 secs. Place them in a glass dish. Hollow out the middle with spoon, then fill the hollow with (cooked) sasauge, beef, chicken - whatever your heart desires. Cover with marinara sauce and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes. Yum! I just made these with sausage, onion, and garlic and the hubby had the entire pan gone in a day!

Yum! Definitely making these!!
  • libonte
    libonte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's a good lo-cal recipe for zucchini fritters. I add 1 Tbls of grated parmesan to mine. Love zucchini!
    http://lisabontemps.tsfl.com/?page=recipe-detail&type=2&AID=1237
  • snoopynut1972
    snoopynut1972 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    One of our favorite meals is this one. I tweak it to cut some of the calories by swapping out the cheese for healthier versions and use less of it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-chicken-and-zucchini/detail.aspx