Anyone drinking body by vi shakes?

Options

Replies

• TexasTinkerbell
    Options
    I prefer the Shakeology shakes (the chocolate vegan). The reason I elected to use a meal replacement is because breakfast is a killer for me. I am not hungry when I first get up - and hunger usually hits while I am on the road to work. Because of this, I found myself running through a drive through and getting something quick and unhealthy. The shakes help me stay on track and gives me vitamins, minerals and probiotics all in one. This particular shake also helps me start the day off with a balanced blood sugar count. :-)
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think they are a waste of money
    Shop around online for some protein powder and take a multi vit

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!

Yeah this!! ^^

Its true, me too^^

body by vi shakes are good but mostly good advertising. Know a few ppl that use the stuff and see results, but there's much better stuff out their.

What I started to do 3 years back is go online and see what is rated the highest for the goal you are attempting to reach.
    I generally use bodybuilding.com, they have a lot of voting pages.
    I personally use gold standard protein shakes, lil pricey compared to the stuff out there but you dont want to fill ur self up with cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

Yes, this again again again again again ^^^^

Yep, this.
  • teryansanders
    Options
    I love them. They taste amazing! Unfortuantely I ran out! But can't wait to buy more! They filled me up and it seemed to have held off my hunger. To each their own though I suppose.

And just how much does this cost you?

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey runs around $34(or so) per 2lb jar, 24g of protein per scoop, 120 cals per scoop.

Its about 40 bucks a bag or so. I like the taste. Its not gritty or nasty. Just tastes good. Considering its my money I will spend it on what I choose. Thanks for the concern though. She asked what everyone thought of Vi shakes. That's just my opinion.
  • teryansanders
    Options
    Mixed responses for most of this type of thread. Personally, I'm not a fan of meal replacement. I like to enjoy all my calories in food form but for some people they like the quick and simple, not having to worry about what they are going to eat aspect of shakes. Some like that it can be packed full of nutrients and protein in so few relative calories.

As for BBV specifically, I think you can buy a decent powder and put in your own whole ingredients so you know exactly what is going in the shake for a lot less money. There are no unpronounceable preserves in what you are consuming, if that is a concern for you.

Also, think about once you hit your goal weight, are you going to drink the shakes forever? How are you going to work out going from shakes to eating real food again? Its just something to consider in the long run if you don't want to regain the weight you lost.

I usually use the shake in the morning. then have a snack, lunch and then dinner, snack. All healthy food choices. If I went off the shake it won't be dramatic. I do not use it every morning. :)

That's what I would do. Use it for a quick breakfast then eat good food the rest of the day. I haven't had any in a while and have still lost weight without it. Nothing dramatic happened when I quit using it. lol
  • country91
    country91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love them. They taste amazing! Unfortuantely I ran out! But can't wait to buy more! They filled me up and it seemed to have held off my hunger. To each their own though I suppose.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey runs around $34(or so) per 2lb jar, 24g of protein per scoop, 120 cals per scoop.

Its about 40 bucks a bag or so. I like the taste. Its not gritty or nasty. Just tastes good. Considering its my money I will spend it on what I choose. Thanks for the concern though. She asked what everyone thought of Vi shakes. That's just my opinion.

It is 90 cals for 2 even scoops of body by vi shake. Glad to hear there are some positive feed back. Most who are sharing negative feedback most likely havn't tried the shakes, if you have, than im sorry.

I'd prefer negative feedback by persons who have experienced this shake. Thanks guys!!!
  • country91
    Options
    Mixed responses for most of this type of thread. Personally, I'm not a fan of meal replacement. I like to enjoy all my calories in food form but for some people they like the quick and simple, not having to worry about what they are going to eat aspect of shakes. Some like that it can be packed full of nutrients and protein in so few relative calories.

As for BBV specifically, I think you can buy a decent powder and put in your own whole ingredients so you know exactly what is going in the shake for a lot less money. There are no unpronounceable preserves in what you are consuming, if that is a concern for you.

Also, think about once you hit your goal weight, are you going to drink the shakes forever? How are you going to work out going from shakes to eating real food again? Its just something to consider in the long run if you don't want to regain the weight you lost.

I usually use the shake in the morning. then have a snack, lunch and then dinner, snack. All healthy food choices. If I went off the shake it won't be dramatic. I do not use it every morning. :)

That's what I would do. Use it for a quick breakfast then eat good food the rest of the day. I haven't had any in a while and have still lost weight without it. Nothing dramatic happened when I quit using it. lol

Good to hear! :)
  • teryansanders
    Options

It is 90 cals for 2 even scoops of body by vi shake. Glad to hear there are some positive feed back. Most who are sharing negative feedback most likely havn't tried the shakes, if you have, than im sorry.

I'd prefer negative feedback by persons who have experienced this shake. Thanks guys!!!

Yeah, I've just recently started reading posts on here and from what I gather from them are if you aren't doing exactly what others are the exact same way they do it then it just isn't going to work.(Everyone seems to be an expert around here.) Well I've lost almost 50 pounds doing things my way so I'll stick to it. lol. But yeah the body by vi shakes are pretty tasty. I like em. :)
  • country91
    Options

Yeah, I've just recently started reading posts on here and from what I gather from them are if you aren't doing exactly what others are the exact same way they do it then it just isn't going to work.(Everyone seems to be an expert around here.) Well I've lost almost 50 pounds doing things my way so I'll stick to it. lol. But yeah the body by vi shakes are pretty tasty. I like em. :)

lol, I hear ya. Keep on doing what your doing!!! Congrats on the weightloss. Your display pic is beautiful.
  • teryansanders
    Options

lol, I hear ya. Keep on doing what your doing!!! Congrats on the weightloss. Your display pic is beautiful.

Thank you!!! So is yours! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I think they are a waste of money
    Shop around online for some protein powder and take a multi vit

This.

This again^^

^^This again again!

Yeah this!! ^^

Its true, me too^^

body by vi shakes are good but mostly good advertising. Know a few ppl that use the stuff and see results, but there's much better stuff out their.

What I started to do 3 years back is go online and see what is rated the highest for the goal you are attempting to reach.
    I generally use bodybuilding.com, they have a lot of voting pages.
    I personally use gold standard protein shakes, lil pricey compared to the stuff out there but you dont want to fill ur self up with cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.

Yes, this again again again again again ^^^^

Yep, this.
    ^The first thing
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I've tried them...I hope you didn't construe my comment as negative. I've simply seen it happen.
  • CoderGal
    Options

I've tried them...I hope you didn't construe my comment as negative. I've simply seen it happen.
    I also love how 'scoop' is addressed like it's such a standard unit of measurement. I have a scoop in my backyard for the flowers, if I ate that much body by vi I assure you it'd be more then 90 cals. Many many food scoops are different shapes and sizes.
  • country91
    Options

The earlier quote wasn't directed to you but more so the ones that just quoted the first responder and only wrote a couple words, anyone can agree using 1 or 2 words. I was hoping for people to back up their opinion. It is a waste of time to read "this". Thankyou for posting your opinion. :)
  • CoderGal
    Options

The earlier quote wasn't directed to you but more so the ones that just quoted the first responder and only wrote a couple words, anyone can agree using 1 or 2 words. I was hoping for people to back up their opinion. It is a waste of time to read "this". Thankyou for posting your opinion. :)
    It's because there's a million threads and I know for a fact many of the people who said 'this' have had several rants on the body by vi threads, including myself. People are capable if looking up their own information once they hear that.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype <-I don't agree with everything he says but here's a nice place to start.

I have many many reasons against it but I'll start with soy being your main beverage of choice. Keep in mind that I'm not a soy hater. I eat soy, and many healthy people do, but not in that much excess and not in that form.

SOY:

Tastes nasty according to many people, and you probably get enough in your diet, it's in everything these days. Try to find a regular loaf of bread in a grocery store that doesn't contain it. It's in things such as breads, crackers, cakes, rolls, or pastries containing peanuts, peanut oil, soy flour, processed and "natural" cereals, pasta, soy beans, soybean sprouts, sauces, fruit drink mixes, fruit toppings, coffee substitutes instant coffee, hot cocoa mixes, malt beverages, pork link sausage, deli/luncheon meats, commercially prepared meats (used as a meat extender), cheese substitutes, tofu, bean curd, natto, miso, textured vegetable protein, canned soups, commercial entrees, and combination foods, baked goods, such as cakes or cookies which contain soy flour, commercial ice creams and other frozen desserts, Hard candies, nut candies, fudge, and caramels, protein powders (even ones that are not soy protein based), margarine and butter substitutes salad dressings, mayonnaise, sauces, or gravies, Commercial vegetarian products and meat substitutes Heinz® Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins® sauce, fermented soybean pastes (miso and natto), soy sauce, tamari sauce, granola, breakfast bars, Imitation bacon bits, Roasted soybeans or "soy nuts"...
    http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/allergy/soy.html - Children's Hospital at Standford

There are many nutrients in soy that are wonderful, but it's added to so many of our foods these days, one hardly needs it added to their diet: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/labelling-food-packaging-and-storage/soy/eng/1332437930120/1332437995901 It's to the point that it's a big deal to not have soy in your food, so they put a big bold label on the front.

Still feel like arguing? watch and learn....and read...
    Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIn2L90wA8&amp;feature=player_embedded <-worth watching

reads:
    Soy and the Thyroid (hormonal problems): http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
    Thyroid/Cancer/Soy: http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/kdaniel/2012/02/02/thyroid-cancer-on-the-rise-is-soy-a-cause/
    Pro Soy Cancer Doctor is even frightened by the facts: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/tofu.aspx

Study: soys link to cognitive impairment and brain atrophy: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10763906?dopt=Abstract
    Soy info, Brain Damage and breast cancer: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx
    How to prevent thyroid disease: http://www.ehow.com/how_5678448_prevent-thyroid-disease.html

Back to Body by vi, it's processed, the only fact it works is by a unsustainable large calorie deficit, just try starving on the same amount of calories (1200 calories a day is usually recommended, and by my standards that's starving) without shakes or with a different type of shake. It all works the same.

To figure out how weight loss works buy some anatomy chemistry etc books by doctors and realize it has to do with energy expenditure. Eat less then that, and you'll lose. And you definitely burn more then 1200 calories a day, even if you slept for 24 hours, even if you're a small 5'0 girl. You know, unless you're on a unhealthy unsustainable diet that F-ed your metabolism up. But it's ok for the most part the metabolism can be fixed. And I have had several friends who have been on it.

I also don't like it because everyone I know who was temporarily on it or anyone I find is a record of the same person. They repeat the same sentences, word for word. If you try to google something bad about body by vi thousands of representatives have jumped on the bandwagon of trying to sell it with those key words saying the same exact sentences. It's creepy. "I've lost X pounds and kept it off". "...because of it's trisorb protein..." the list goes on and on. Earth to representatives, there is no such thing as a trisorb protein on earth, it's a patented thing marketed souly for vialus. If you ever put a rep in a room with a smart person, they usually lose the fight.
  • country91
    Options

It's because there's a million threads and I know for a fact many of the people who said 'this' have had several rants on the body by vi threads, including myself. People are capable if looking up their own information once they hear that.

http://www.davidmodderman.com/blog/index.php/weight-loss/body-by-vi-is-it-all-hype <-I don't agree with everything he says but here's a nice place to start.

I have many many reasons against it but I'll start with soy being your main beverage of choice. Keep in mind that I'm not a soy hater. I eat soy, and many healthy people do, but not in that much excess and not in that form.

SOY:

Tastes nasty according to many people, and you probably get enough in your diet, it's in everything these days. Try to find a regular loaf of bread in a grocery store that doesn't contain it. It's in things such as breads, crackers, cakes, rolls, or pastries containing peanuts, peanut oil, soy flour, processed and "natural" cereals, pasta, soy beans, soybean sprouts, sauces, fruit drink mixes, fruit toppings, coffee substitutes instant coffee, hot cocoa mixes, malt beverages, pork link sausage, deli/luncheon meats, commercially prepared meats (used as a meat extender), cheese substitutes, tofu, bean curd, natto, miso, textured vegetable protein, canned soups, commercial entrees, and combination foods, baked goods, such as cakes or cookies which contain soy flour, commercial ice creams and other frozen desserts, Hard candies, nut candies, fudge, and caramels, protein powders (even ones that are not soy protein based), margarine and butter substitutes salad dressings, mayonnaise, sauces, or gravies, Commercial vegetarian products and meat substitutes Heinz® Worcestershire sauce, Lea & Perrins® sauce, fermented soybean pastes (miso and natto), soy sauce, tamari sauce, granola, breakfast bars, Imitation bacon bits, Roasted soybeans or "soy nuts"...
    http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/allergy/soy.html - Children's Hospital at Standford

There are many nutrients in soy that are wonderful, but it's added to so many of our foods these days, one hardly needs it added to their diet: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/food/consumer-centre/food-safety-tips/labelling-food-packaging-and-storage/soy/eng/1332437930120/1332437995901 It's to the point that it's a big deal to not have soy in your food, so they put a big bold label on the front.

Still feel like arguing? watch and learn....and read...
    Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uIn2L90wA8&amp;feature=player_embedded <-worth watching

reads:
    Soy and the Thyroid (hormonal problems): http://thyroid.about.com/cs/soyinfo/a/soy.htm
    Thyroid/Cancer/Soy: http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/kdaniel/2012/02/02/thyroid-cancer-on-the-rise-is-soy-a-cause/
    Pro Soy Cancer Doctor is even frightened by the facts: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/tofu.aspx

Study: soys link to cognitive impairment and brain atrophy: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10763906?dopt=Abstract
    Soy info, Brain Damage and breast cancer: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/09/18/soy-can-damage-your-health.aspx
    How to prevent thyroid disease: http://www.ehow.com/how_5678448_prevent-thyroid-disease.html

Back to Body by vi, it's processed, the only fact it works is by a unsustainable large calorie deficit, just try starving on the same amount of calories (1200 calories a day is usually recommended, and by my standards that's starving) without shakes or with a different type of shake. It all works the same.

To figure out how weight loss works buy some anatomy chemistry etc books by doctors and realize it has to do with energy expenditure. Eat less then that, and you'll lose. And you definitely burn more then 1200 calories a day, even if you slept for 24 hours, even if you're a small 5'0 girl. You know, unless you're on a unhealthy unsustainable diet that F-ed your metabolism up. But it's ok for the most part the metabolism can be fixed. And I have had several friends who have been on it.

I also don't like it because everyone I know who was temporarily on it or anyone I find is a record of the same person. They repeat the same sentences, word for word. If you try to google something bad about body by vi thousands of representatives have jumped on the bandwagon of trying to sell it with those key words saying the same exact sentences. It's creepy. "I've lost X pounds and kept it off". "...because of it's trisorb protein..." the list goes on and on. Earth to representatives, there is no such thing as a trisorb protein on earth, it's a patented thing marketed souly for vialus. If you ever put a rep in a room with a smart person, they usually lose the fight.

Thankyou for the information! I was not arguing, just looking for some detail.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    If it works for you then it works for you. I'd avoid them for the sucralose alone. But that is a long ingredient list.
  • BARBnKS
    BARBnKS Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I tasted a bbv shake, it was way too sweet, tastes like cake batter. Licking a bowl after mixing up a cake is ok but to drink a whole shake that taste like this would probably make me sick. It might be ok if it was real cold & fruit or different flavors were added but I don't think it would be something I would feel I was getting my money's worth. I would rather get my calories from eating.
  • jaynapier
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in 17 days. I drink the Visalus Vi Shakes 2x a day. Love them and
    the vairiety. So many options.

Jay NaPier
    http://viral.myvi.net/challenge
  • 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love it - Was on it for 2 months and lost 24lbs then got pregnant (WITH PCOS - where they told me i couldnt get prego) I drank it through pregnancy and I did gain 50lbs during pregnancy but have already lost 37 of those lbs!! After a year and knowing it works for me - I finally decided to promote it. Ive had tons of health issues and find this seems to balance me out - I use the vitamins too!
  • zobqueen
    zobqueen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the Body by Vi shakes - will see how I do. I think they taste good! Quick and easy - which I like!