Skinny problems

Options

Replies

• mediakills
    Options
    SKINNY PROBLEM: Having middle aged women looking at you and rolling their eyes because you're underweight and chowing down on pizza and they think you are going to throw it up. -_______-
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    shop conservatively till you reach your goal weight.....buy "stock" pants that you can mix n' match with different tops...buy accessories, as they're cheaper than clothes to make what you wear "different".. splurge on Jeans, as you get the most use out of them...

Skinny problems?....umm, pants!....try finding mens 30" waist pants....i end up having to look in the kids department...i mean c'mon, really....

My husband has to wear a 28" waist pant and they are damn near impossible to find!!

As for my skinny problems - clothing (I really only have a handful of shirts and 2 pairs of pants now) and my cup size has gone down a lot. X_X
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    SKINNY PROBLEM: Having middle aged women looking at you and rolling their eyes because you're underweight and chowing down on pizza and they think you are going to throw it up. -_______-

When I get disgusted looks, I more or less take it as a compliment. I know that I used to be jealous of girls that were smaller when I was heavy because that's what I wanted for myself. And I would take the jealousy out as disgust at them.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The worst/strangest thing for me is that my shoe size seemed to shrink as I lost weight as well.
    I went from a size 10(US) to a size 8.5-9(US), which meant I had to buy new shoes as well as clothes. And I'm a big shoe person, so not being able to wear my old favourites was a real downer.
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Can't sleep on my side because my knee bones touch and kind of "pinch" the skin there or something

This. I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one. I am still getting used to feeling so "bony." (I am HARDLY skin and bones) But I can feel my collar bone and my butt and knees all the time now.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I had to move my wedding band to my middle finger until I can get it re-sized to fit my new skinny ring finger.

Or maybe the hubs can just get me a smaller ring with a BIGGER stone. :tongue:

Oh yeah, having to resize all my rings was a pain, too. :( That mess gets expensive if you don't have them insured. (Luckily most of them were, I just had to wait a while.)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Boob shrinkage! I went from a very bosomy DD down to barely a C, and I am only halfway to my goal.

I'm always cold, except when I'm exercising.

Being in between sizes is frustrating: the current size is falling off, the smaller size is too snug.

Not having the cash to buy a new smaller sized wardrobe every 1-2 months.

The subtle and not so subtle animosity from people who haven't been successful losing weight.

Judgmental people assuming that I'm doing some crash diet and giving me weird looks about my food choices, or commenting about how I'm "disappearing" and going to die from malnutrition.

Then to counter that, I have people calling and asking me to tell them all my secrets to success, expecting personalized advice. I don't know?

And ditto to whomever said that buying pants that fit my waist but they are extremely baggy in the butt/legs. I also have to tailor them 2-3 inches shorter in the leg. Does the world assume smaller waists = taller women?!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Bruising easier :(
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    My obsession with new clothes.

Victoria's Secret.

Freezing to death

Having to travel with a bodyguard. (Okay, not really, but some day)
  • cgfol1
    cgfol1 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My boobs have gone from a large B to a barely there A

But the worst thing is ...

I went and got fitted for new bras the other day, and the underwires hurt my rib bones! The fitter told me this may happen but it's not comfortable. Even when I was a C this happened but wasn't AS uncomfortable

However ...

I don't like not wearing wireless bras, I think they shape my boobs quite badly. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I get cold faster.
    I did lose all of my boobs but had a surgeon put them back in!!!
    And sitting on hard surfaces for too long hurts my behind, not enough padding.
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have skinny problems!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The worst/strangest thing for me is that my shoe size seemed to shrink as I lost weight as well.
    I went from a size 10(US) to a size 8.5-9(US), which meant I had to buy new shoes as well as clothes. And I'm a big shoe person, so not being able to wear my old favourites was a real downer.

Reading this made me wanna cry. I love my shoe collection. If my feet shrank, I'd be devastated!!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    1) wedding band too big...when i have to squeeze my fingers together to keep it on yeah :grumble: (fyi i got married a little over a year ago)
    2) Getting cold, but i decided to just wear sweatshirts and other long sleeves lol
    3) It seems like I am losing waist down first and then kinda in my chest and some in my tummy.

I guess my biggest issue is that i still wear a lot of my "bigger girl" clothes to hide what weight I have lost because then people look and think i am drowning in them (I don't like showing off my figure because I still have 52lbs to lose yet).
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Skinny problems?

When people talk bad about you because of it. Either people tell you that you are unhealthy, losing too much, and completely rude about it. Girls immediately form an opinion about you because of it. I've had people on mfp and in my real life be nasty to me because I either want to lose a few more pounds, or that I am skinny.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Mine? I was doing "pendulum" crunches and my BACK hip bones were hurting because they were digging into the mat/floor. I was told to look at it as glass half full - less fat surrounding the bones. STILL! It HURT and not in the good exercise kinda way!

Oh and the boob thing! I didn't start out with much already, and what little I had has gone... they look like crap. Good thing I'm married and don't need to use them for sexual advancement.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe everyone should just gain weight again. Bingo - no more "skinny problems"!!
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    NOT AS FUNNY BECAUSE FAT PEOPLE ARE FUNNIER THAN SKINNY PEOPLE SO I STOPPED TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    ONE! ONE WAAAAAAAHMBULANCE! AH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Losing my boobs. They went from B to A :(
    A stands for awesome, though. :smile: