Oprah show ending on Sept 9,2011 after 25 years

Options
I hope Tom Cruise is taking this news well. He will miss jumping on that couch.

Replies

• strongandfit
    Options
    This thread go no comments? I'm shocked. :noway:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I'm over Oprah...I never really liked her. :tongue: I have issues with obscenely rich people. No one should have that much money.
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    I like oprah alright but she has been on air longer than I have been on the planet :happy:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't get to watch her since I'm at work, but I think she has done some good things for people in the past but I don't care for things she does these days. I think the money has gone to her head.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm not an Oprah fan so I couldn't care less.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    .. I suppose I should go console my grandma
  • strongandfit
    Options
    I sometimes like her and I sometimes don't like her. Used to watch her more b4, now not so much.

She's done a lot of good things and her show is 75% good.

However,

Two things I really did not like about her that did not happen on her show are

1. She once hosted a black and white ball and invited all the big celebrities to celebrate some big occasion, told them all to wear black and white only. Then, she made her big entrance and yes, you guessed it. She was the only one who did not wear black and white. She wore a red dress!

2. A regular couple were getting married, not related to her at all, or even knew her, probably were fans of hers. Oprah showed up at the wedding, not sure if it was the ceremony or the reception, unannounced and uninvited!!! Really? Well, guess who got all the attention, buzz, spotlight? Not the bride and groom. Oprah did. She made it to be her day rather than the couple's!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    1. She once hosted a black and white ball and invited all the big celebrities to celebrate some big occasion, told them all to wear black and white only. Then, she made her big entrance and yes, you guessed it. She was the only one who did not wear black and white. She wore a red dress!

How pretentious was that?!

One other thing she does that is very annoying- the celebrity name dropping, "..I was talking to MY FRIEND, Jennifer Anniston..." She does that ALL the time.

I remember one time, I think the show gave away a car, and she made a point to tell the person right on air, "...and I'm NOT paying the taxes!" Just the way she said it...not so classy, Oprah. lol

I think someone with that much money could do a lot more good than she has really. How many houses does a person need? :tongue: Umm...I need one, Oprah. Seriously.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's about time.