Does anyone do "mini" rewards?

Options
I am new to this version of dieting.. so far the app on my phone, and the website here are very helpful. I am learning even after only a few days that omg, there's a lot of calories in things that I didn't have the info on (like deli wings at the grocery store, etc)! Anyway, my question is this..... Do any of you give yourself mini rewards for small goals? Things like maybe every 10 lbs lost, or every 2 dress (or shirt/pants) sizes dropped, you get [x] reward for yourself?

Clearly having a bowl of double fudge chocolate ice cream isn't the answer but I was thinking... the little goals are what helps me keep going when dieting. I was just wondering if anyone out there has such mini goals or rewards they could suggest that are not food related?

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sure do! Manis/pedis. a chai tea latte from Starbucks (kind of food related, I know), a new pair of earrings or shoes. My husband will even let me pick the movie we rent if I tell him I hit a goal. Small things like that.

I try to contain my clothes shopping for big goals hit. I recently treated myself to highlights too. When I hit my FINAL goal, I think I'll do a massage and pedicure!
  • POLISHCHUNKYDUNK
    Options
    I don't necessarily do "mini" rewards, but I do "reward" myself once a week. After I weigh-in on Wednesday evenings, I have whatever I want for dinner. Of course, I don't go overboard too very much, but just a little lax. I have found that using this website is AWESOME and its keeping me going. I've only been a member a few weeks but I like all the things it does. So for giving myself a "mini reward" Wednesday night, I know I can get back to doing all the right things Thursday morning.
  • lilother
    lilother Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes!! You need to reward yourself for hard work. At first, I wasn't dropping pounds, but more in the inches realm. It was very discouraging & frustrating. I had to change my mind-frame & then set smaller goals to make the larger goal feel achievable. If you don't have something to gain, you are less likely to stick with it.

I too am game for the mani/pedi route. A new top or dress are also good little treats. Let's face it, our closets are always game for a make-over & it's a fun/more cost-effective way to do it.