Body Media Question

Options
I would like to have one, but they're a little bit pricey. So I was wondering if yours actually helped you. Did it get you to eating to right amount and did you notice better changes after you go it?
I'm always wondering how much I should eat & lately I'm hungry a lot more often, so if I could eat more I would like that. But I'm nervous about it because I don't know how much I'm burning.

Replies

• KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I bought mine on eBay and they threw in a year free...love mine and it helped me the last time and it's helping me now... :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    sum other ppl should totally say something lol
  • HappyHag
    HappyHag Posts: 20
    Options
    I have the KiFit (the UK version) and I love, love, love it! I wear the watch/display thingie so I can look down and see how many calories I've burned thus far and it really motivates me. Sometimes it just convinces me to do a little extra housework (my house is thankful for it) or go for an extra walk after dinner to watch the calories tick by or to ramp up the intensity during a workout.

I'm not 100% sold on all aspects of the tracking software, at least for entering food eaten. The database here in the UK is pretty small, so I actually track my food on MFP and just enter the totals and the end of each day for my KiFit. I do, however, love that it monitors my sleep which is really nice to see.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I have the KiFit (the UK version) and I love, love, love it! I wear the watch/display thingie so I can look down and see how many calories I've burned thus far and it really motivates me. Sometimes it just convinces me to do a little extra housework (my house is thankful for it) or go for an extra walk after dinner to watch the calories tick by or to ramp up the intensity during a workout.

I'm not 100% sold on all aspects of the tracking software, at least for entering food eaten. The database here in the UK is pretty small, so I actually track my food on MFP and just enter the totals and the end of each day for my KiFit. I do, however, love that it monitors my sleep which is really nice to see.

I was gonna use MFP for everything. I just wanted to know wat my TDEE was so I could maybe eat more w/o worrying.
  • HappyHag
    HappyHag Posts: 20
    Options
    That's essentially what I do. I track all my food here, and then just put my total calories into the KiFit (in one entry) at the end of the day. That way, I can look over a week or a month and see how my weight actually reacts to calories in and calories out :)
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have the body media fit and i am so glad i bought it. I know how many calories i am burning for my workouts, it tracks your steps, its kinda like having a personal trainer on your arm. When u see your burn is low, helps you to get up and be active to burn more calories. I wore it everyday for 4 months and was a big help in my weight loss thus far. I also bought mine on either ebay or amazon, it is a bit pricey because u do eventually have a monthly fee for the site, but its only about 7 a month, i personally think its worth the investment. The more u lose the harder u have to work to lose and i think this is beneficial to making sure your hitting your goals :)
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    I have a cousin that is using this type and she told me to check ebay...sure enough on Thursday I went to ebay looked body media up found one that had 1 bid on it and it was at the $49.99 price so there was 2 hours left til bidding was over. I bid $50.99 then left for work for 8hrs came home and seen I won. I was excited. Seller Shipped it on Sat so I should get mine next week 29th.

BodyMedia Fit GOWEAR with 2 ARMBANDS AND USB CORD

This item exhibits some wear, the front face has faded

Works likes new

Battery lasts a week

I recharged once a week

Includes a USB cord and an extra black armband

12 month subscription bought and paid for August 6, 2012

This subscription ends August 6, 2013

Aug 6, 2013(Start month-to-month billing)

Monthly fee is 6.95 X 12 months = $83.40

I have figured out how to maintain myself without the assistance of this

Email with any questions

Set up is easy on your computer
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    I let you know how it goes when I get mine and start using it.

My cousin said she has very active day at work and a 1 hr a day workout burns 2500 to 3000 and eats 1200-1500 cals daily.

some other things she said she did was : (P90X eat right and workout a lot)-{ decrease calories, and sugar and no white carbs. potatos,white rice,white bread ect.for 1 year I watched all of this very close (it takes a 3500 cal.deficit to loss 1 lb). my cal.intake per day was 1200 to 1500 i ate5 times a day breakfast,healthy snack,lunch, healthy snack,dinner and I worked out 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.everyday. So eat healthy and burn more calories than you eat.}
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi Shorty35565,

Thank you for your interest in the BodyMedia FIT. We pride ourselves on our 95% accuracy, so if your goal is to find out what your burn is and adjust your diet, you’ll probably find it a big eye-opener.

Hope this helps!

- Samantha
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have had one since March and love it. I was surprised at how many calories I burn on a daily basis. I currently eat around 2100 calories and am losing an average of 1-2 pounds per week.
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday (used one) and the seller had included a one year subscription expires next august 2013. I put it on yesterday evening after I got it and wore it for while then took it off to see how it worked with activity manager then put it back on for bed and was really impressed so far at how it has kept up with my progress.

Looking forward too see how it records info when I go to gym.

The sleep activity was pretty cool. Even though I only had about little over 5 hours sleep last night it still says I had about 83% effiency. Its little creepy too in a kinda awesome way. When I first put it on yesterday at work (Im a nurse) around 8-9pm is prob my busiest time of the shift and the calories burned and steps taken during that time are amazing.

So far I really like it.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Thanks Patty!

We’re glad your loving your BodyMedia FIT! Keep us posted on your progress!

- Samantha (BodyMedia)
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I wear mine everyday. It is really helpful to know how many calories you really are burning, also for me it's important to track my sleep as I don't sleep very much at all.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Gained weight using mine. I don't think it's as accurate as they want to sell you on. HRM is definitely the way to go for me. After $150 (I got the read out gazmo that goes with it) It now sits in a lonely draw.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Nope. Save your money, and get your RMR or BMR tested instead. I believe it to be far more accurate for people that need to be "motivated" to get moving, and not people whom are already in good shape and looking for their TDEE.

I had nothing but problems with mine (in addition to the fact that it was greatly overestimated). It had problems synching, I always had to reset, I sent at least 1 unit back, got 2 bands replaced, etc. Of the 4 months I used it, I maybe had two weeks without issue. Customer service appears to be good, but they get worse and worse about getting back to you. And there is no troubleshooting info that's helpful on their site so you have to wait for a response.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have had no problems with mine, I do not like the food recording and use MFP and then transphere the totals across into bodymedia.

I like the way that after the first couple of work outs it could tell the differance between bicep curls and walking, and does not add loads of steps whan I am cycling.
  • pattyg1821
    Options
    since I got mine used off ebay since August 31 til today September 12. I have lost 4 pounds.
    I started exercing and eating better on July 22 and offically weighed in on July 25th @239.8 til and today I weigh 225. I have lost 14.8 #