30 day bore

Options
2»

Replies

• fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    because if I hear 'that is fear leaving the body' one more time...

I'm with you! I've memorized all the dialogue--only good thing about that is I can kind of gauge how much time I have left by the dialogue . . .
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I've only done 2 days of level 1, and yeah I can see what you're saying. But for me I realize it's only 30 mins of my day, and at least I can gauge how much time I have left by the repetitiveness (?) of it. I kind of like that. You've only got like 25 days left, and after that hopefully you'll have the results you wanted, and can move on to something more interesting? Don't give up!!

Yes. I just deal. I'll tolerate the monotony of it if it gets me results.

Same! I got results immediately and am still getting them in Level 3 now. It isn't nearly as boring as my work day so I'm wondering what you guys do for work where you get bored with a 20 min workout!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It's only 20 minutes. Suck it up.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I agree it's boring...plus I hate the fact that I have to sit thru the warnings and her blah blah blah speech about how to do the workout each time because it doesn't let me fast forward.

What works for me is that I run 4 days a week and 2 days a week I do 30 day shred with one rest day.
    This gives me the resistencia and AB training I think I need. So I'm on level 2, and I've been doing 30ds since April. I don't move up a level until I perfected the exercises and can kick Natalie's but. Right now I fall short on the military presses with a leg raise. I'm getting better each time.

Hope this helps. It works for me.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just do it! it is boring but its worth it when you finish!
  • NINtoTheVoid
    Options
    I agree. I just tried pushing myself through the 3rd day of 30 day and just wasn't feeling it....it just feels repetitive and boring.

I don't want to "just push through it" because I don't want exercise to become to feel like a chore.

Unfortunately, I cannot do push ups without risk of injuring my elbows (double jointed). Not only do they physically hurt to do, but it feels like the bands in my elbow are going to snap!

I love walking on my Gazelle Edge for cardio, but I need some toning in as well. Any suggestions?
  • smccb
    smccb Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you considered Turbo Fire? If you do, I guarantee you will never be bored again! You will also get better results (if you eat well and you eat enough to keep up the energy throughout the workouts. You will have to EAT - trust me!)

I did the 30DS for about four months after my last baby and was able to tone up and lose about 8 lbs. But I was SO BORED and I plateaued. I couldn't lose any more than that even if I combined Levels 1, 2, and 3 all in one workout. I saw Turbo Fire in a store and bought it and lost 20 lbs in 3 months. I got down to the weight I was before I was married - I never thought that possible after nine kids.

But honestly, the best part was that I HAD SO MUCH FUN EXERCISING!!!! It is a really intense workout program, but you don't notice because the workouts and music are so great. It takes a week or two to get onto the routines (it is a combo of dance, aerobics, and kickboxing) but once you get them you just go harder. I went from dreading exercise to loving it.

And you don't get bored, because you have so many different workouts. It changes every day. There is strength training thrown in there too, along with the cardio and HIIT and core/ab work.

Good luck!
  • sexikc
    sexikc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hold up its on 20 min!!?!? Maybe yeah you should just suck up....its only 20 min i mean what I said before i still mean but you have the video now...you have started it so you may as well see it through....since its only 20 min it really doesnt matter that it is boring...what matters it the progress you make....just talk urself through it...and be your own motivator...its ok
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 23 of it.

It's 20 minutes long, and during that you're never doing the same thing for more than a minute.

What's that Nike strap line? Just Do It.