Newbie needing Help with Carbs

Options
I am new to this site. I have been working on getting healthy and losing weight so that my body doesn't hate me lol. Most of my weight is carried in the front of my stomach, which I know is from startches and carbs, and I try my best to keep those down. However I have noticed that I have been over the carb limit several times. I need help figuring this out, and my husband is a starch and carboholic! HELP!

Replies

• rhondagraymond
    Options
    If you’re looking for low carb diet info (http://www.dukandiet.com/) then let me tell you it’s really quite simple. The key is to eliminate starchy carbs found in white bread/rice/pasta, potatoes, yams etc and to eat instead the right kind of carbs found in vegetables, fruits and whole grains such as oat bran, oat meal, whole wheat, barley, rye etc. So eat whole wheat brown bread instead of regular white and brown or wild rice instead of regular white along with your meals of proteins. Also, try to exercise at least 4 times a week if not every day for about an hour. You can go for a brisk walk in the evenings, join a dance or spin class or go swimming. Whatever you enjoy.