looking for workout that is easy on the knees

Options
2»

Replies

• Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    can not find in database amount of cal. burned for water aerobics, swimming.
    Please help

It's in there under water aerobics, water callisthenics......I go every week...great fun....sometimes it's more like synchronised drowning for mature ladies!
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    learn physical theraphy exercises to strenthen the muscles around your knee. Depending on your discomfort level and your health insurance / physical theraphy co-pay/ budget situation consider asking your doc to send you to pt so that you can learn what exercises are appropriate for you. If you can't do pt, then google pt exercises for the knees and start out slowly with very simple exercises 2x a day, and then increase frequency & add leg weights. When I've been in pt we start off very simply but they are always changing the exercises, and I'm not sure how you figure out how to do that unless you've been thru pt before. Good luck, life's a marathon not a sprint so don't rush things.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    learn physical theraphy exercises to strenthen the muscles around your knee. Depending on your discomfort level and your health insurance / physical theraphy co-pay/ budget situation consider asking your doc to send you to pt so that you can learn what exercises are appropriate for you. If you can't do pt, then google pt exercises for the knees and start out slowly with very simple exercises 2x a day, and then increase frequency & add leg weights. When I've been in pt we start off very simply but they are always changing the exercises, and I'm not sure how you figure out how to do that unless you've been thru pt before. Good luck, life's a marathon not a sprint so don't rush things.

Ditto! I have been to PT for my back and my husband has been for his knees and both of us learned tons of great exercises we can easily do at home to strengthen our whole bodies, especially our "problem areas" where we have injuries to deal with. They also gave us excellent advice on aerobic workouts we can do and stretches for the pain. Oh, and they work me out like a drill sergeant when I go! Definitely worth it, esp. if covered under your insurance, and even if you just go for awhile to learn some new movements.