One year 70lbs

Le_Joy
Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
I've been fat most my life. Lost weight at 19, kept it off for a few years then gained it back. Decided to prove to a friend that the stupid Hcg diet isn't the only way to lose weight & tracking calories helped before so last August I looked up apps for my phone and found MFP. In the first 6 months I lost about 50 lbs. In the last 6 months I've *only* lost 20. I moved to a new place and have a much busier/crazier life and work schedule. I still have 13ish lbs to my goal weight of 150. I also have goals to do a chin up and have 6 pack abs. I can currently hold myself up on the chin up bar after jumping to give myself a boost. So I still have a ways to go but I think losing 70 lbs in one year and gaining many amazing supportive online MFPeeps is pretty good.

This one shows a progression. 1st pic is 10lbs heavier than when I started MFP. Last pic is today eta-I don't know how to re-size these... http://tinypic.com/r/2r2vsq0/6
2r2vsq0.jpg

Today - wearing my "reward" lululemon pants that I bought a while a ago. Still not at goal weight, but I think i can pull them off. At least around the house...

15hlvo5.jpg
ao3yir.jpg
vqptgh.jpg

Replies

• carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Good job you! Good old fashioned weight loss! Yay! I get tempted every now and then when I hear of some new fad...then I remember that they usually come back around to the truth later: just make sure you are "spending" more calories than you are eating.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Way to go! There is a real difference there. Thanks for sharing your pics.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Fantastic results! And I must say: your butt looks great in those lulu lemons!!
  • submissivelyserving
    submissivelyserving Posts: 95 Member
    wow, and you look great in the pants
  • You look awesome!! :)) You should be proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!