How many calories burned while ___ ?

Options
Hi all,

I often come up with activities that I'm sure burn millions of calories, but aren't in the database. Like:

- lightsaber fighting, one on one
- lightsaber fighting, two on one
- keeping the peace between my two hyper sons
- keeping my sanity during all the armpit fart wars

... and etc.

Has anyone done the calculations on these activities? Does anyone have their own "custom activities" they need the burn rate for? Post all that here!

Replies

• KendraLoveless
    Options
    oh, and:

- cleaning out the puke bucket for poor little sickies (this has got to be worth at least 500)
    - standing pukewatch
    - throwing kids in the pool (from in the pool)

• jmdep68
    jmdep68 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a wheelchair bound daughter. I would love to know how many calories I burn pushing her, carrying her to bed, in and out of the tub, etc. I know I feel it everyday. But wouldn't change it for anything, except her ability to walk.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Well for lightsaber fighting you could use fencing.
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    An HRM would help some with that. A good one would show how many cals burned while doing those things. If you were in the "zone" etc. I started using the Polar FT4 and I try real hard to make sure I do my walking now in the "zone" so I burn more cals. Not too bad on price.
  • GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    How about carrying around a 9 month old.
    Trying to change a 9 month old's diaper that has discovered the joy of crawling and wants nothing to do with the process. (Those that have been there will know how much of a sweat you work up).
    and my favourite!

SHOPPING! Come on, undressing burns something like 9 calories. There has to be a good amount for a nice shopping spree. It should be a fricken sport. Especially if you are doing it during sales and have to rush and wrestle other women for that one shirt that is in your size that you love.
  • missanniegee
    Options
    how about that special thing you do when you're in love with you hubby ? lol just saying. i know it burns tons of calories and its good exercise. :)
  • PattieCakes23
    Options
    how about that special thing you do when you're in love with you hubby ? lol just saying. i know it burns tons of calories and its good exercise. :)

I guess that would depend on how um...intense that special thing was that time. haha
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options

It doesnt burn as much as you think.

per my HRM sex clocks in around 2 cals per minute. So if I go full on for 60 minutes I can have a starbucks skinny caramel latte- grande size
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    Well for lightsaber fighting you could use fencing.

Good point! I think I'll actually do that!