Protien

Options
I have a hard time keeping everything the perfect balance in my nutrition. My question is... is there a downside in going over in protien? Or, if I have to go "over" in something, what should it be? Please help!

Replies

• wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    i would say best is protein especially if ur weight training becuz its necassary for building muscle, u have to feed the muscles i think my trainer said lol. I want to say ur supposed to eat as much protein a day as ur goal weight.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a downside in going a bit over in fiber and protein. The word on the street here is that MFP's protein automatically sets you on the normal low side. Different people like to set their protein intake to different percentages of their calories. Google a little to find what you want your percentage to be and you can change it in your preferences. I try for 25% because I train really hard (kickboxing and stuff) and want muscle, but you can figure out what you personally want to be at. Good luck!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    i would say best is protein especially if ur weight training becuz its necassary for building muscle, u have to feed the muscles i think my trainer said lol. I want to say ur supposed to eat as much protein a day as ur goal weight.

x2
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    You're supposed to have 0.8g of protein per kg of weight (weight in lbs / 2.2= ? x 0.8) just for normal maintenence. If you are working out you are breaking muscle down, so you need to increase that in order for your body to rebuild that muscle. And like someone else said in here, MFP sets protein at a lower number, so you are perfectly fine to go over in protein. You can also go over in Carbs as long as it's in the form of veggies of carbs. Fat is the one you want to stay pretty close too.