Having a hard time reaching my calorie goal?

Options
124»

Replies

• palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was still losing a pound a week netting 1900 and I weighed 140 to 145 or so... listen to Dan! Eat the calories!
  • Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm listening! =D
  • brandon17013
    brandon17013 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat dressings cause of the fat, but I guess it's no different than peanut butter. I may ask for reduced fat peanut butter next time I go shopping. I already eat almonds, but nuts are so expensive that I can't ask for too many!
    Check the salad dressings. Many of them use olive oil which is healthy fat. As for reduced fat PB, just ask Mom if she'll get the natural (no sugar added) type. At my grocery store they are the same price. Your trying to get more cals right? Fat is calorie dense... 2 nice carb sources that don't have high sugar and will help you with getting cals up and not making you have 60% intake from fat cals is plain instant oats (add some of that PB... I love it!) and white or brown rice. Add some protein source and you have higher cal meal, that is still good for you. And, I agree w/Dan... don't be scared to eat! You want to keep cals as high as possible while still losing up to a lb a week as an ideal weight loss goal. Eat the 2000 cals for a cpl weeks, if you lose weight, keep the same until you don't lose weight any more. If you gain, drop the cals by about 200 and try that for a cpl weeks. You have to find YOUR real maintenance. Track your food accurately, drink water, and get your rest! Thats my $0.02 Hope it helps :-)
  • kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't know what to tell you...
    you seem to be rejecting everyone's advice. I promise, I'm not trying to be mean, but sometimes people just need someone to be blunt to them.
    You said that you don't feel like you're different, yet everything you say contradicts that. Did you fully read that post "you are not different?" It had some GOOD stuff in it.

I said this before, but i don't know if you missed it or it didn't stick, but you said you weight 140 lbs.. it is GOING to be harder for you to lose weight because you are already smaller. If a 200 lb person lost 20 lbs, that would be 10%, so that first part would come off easy and because they have the weight to lose. 20 lbs for you would be almost 15%... that's a HUGE difference! You don't have as much weight to lose, so it's going to take more time.

What is your goal weight?
    Because you have to look at it this way too. If a 200 lb person wanted to weigh say, 120 lbs, losing 20 lbs would be 25% of their goal. If you wanted to weigh 120 lbs, 25% of your goal would be 5 pounds. That's a huge difference too!

You have to remember that if you want good results, you can't worry about next month. Worry about being fit for life. Weight loss shouldn't be the goal, getting healthy should be.

If your only goal is weight loss the results are not very likely to stick :-)

Please give something more time than a month.