evening snacking!!

Options
help! i get a serious case of snackies at nighttime ... should just go to sleep but always want to watch a bit of TV in bed and have some salty snacks!

options? strategies to try?

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have this problem too. Try to only eat snacks in the kitchen to distinguish that as the "eating place" in your house. Eating while watching TV or otherwise being distracted is such a bad habit haha. Make a cup of tea to take to bed with you instead. And I mean, if you do snack, it's fine. But just be careful not to overdo it.
  • srhawkins
    srhawkins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have that same problem at times. I try to evaluate whether or not I'm really hungry, or just bored. I've been told that if I really am hungry, it means that I didn't get enough calories during the day... I'm pretty new to this tracking/logging food all the time, and I'm finding that I'm generally under my BMR! sooo, I try to drink some water at night to try to stop the cravings, or just have a tsp of nutella :)
  • northerngem
    Options
    last night i was SURE i was hungry - stomach actually felt hungry - so i had a few crackers w. dip then made myself go to sleep! woke up in the night for about an hour or so ... maybe i was hungrier than i thought.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    i usually go for a big glass of water and a serving of salted almonds if i need something salty before bed
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My wife & I usually try to ignore the cravings. A cup of herbal tea or lots of water often help. But if we absolutely HAVE to eat something, we pull out the hot-air popcorn maker. A cup of air-popped popcorn (sans butter, which we never bother with) is only 31 calories.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Save calories by eating slightly less calories during the day.
    Then, eat those calories right before bed.
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    Save calories by eating slightly less calories during the day.
    Then, eat those calories right before bed.

yup!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just plan for it. I enjoy eating at night so I plan to eat 2/3 of my calories then. Which means, right now, I'm consuming ~2100 calories between 6:30 & 9:30 pm. There's no problem with eating at night unless you have some sort of medical condition that dictates otherwise (blood sugar issues, heart burn etc...)