You Are Not Different

Options

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    And another bump for the nightime crowd.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    bump now, read later
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Nice article
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    uhhhhhh *whine* *foot stomp*

You're mean! You'll never understand the struggles *I* have!! you don't have my body!!! I have a CONDITION damn you! Have you had to suffer through FA/NAS? Fat *kitten*/Netflix Addiction Syndrome is a metabolism killer. So to compensate I am going to eat whatever I want whenever I want BUT I will take green coffee extract. Then I will be a skinny bish.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Bump in the night.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Bump for great justice
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • octoberfalling
    Options
    This is so dead on. Bumping up to read again every time I think I just can't make any more progress.
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Freakin' AMEN.

To all those *snowflakes*....please bookmark this article immediately and take the following steps:

1.) READ the article
    2.) every time the words 'but that doesn't apply to me, BECAUSE I'M DIFFERENT' come out of your mouth, refer back to #1.

LOVE this thread!!
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Some people have diseases or allergies that causes them to not metabolize things the same as others. I'm sorry, but everyone is genetically pre-dis-positioned differently and because of our genetic makeup, no single person on earth should follow the same diet as everyone else. You don't tell a hypoglycemic person to go on a low carb diet; you also don't tell person who just had cardiovascular surgery to go on a high fat diet.

Everyone IS different, so thank you for your pedantic speech on how you don't like people who claim to be different than you because it was humorous to see your arrogance. But if it helps you get over your inferiority complex to believe everyone is the same then go for it buddy; but I am nothing like you and my body functions differently than yours does (but I *am* seeing results so I am not complaining about the difference).

I have to agree here. There are genetic predispositions there are also metabolic disorders.
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    and what does BUMP mean?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    and what does BUMP mean?

Technically Bring Up My Post
    It puts the post in the recent topics queue. Also used as a bookmark to follow posts or read later.
  • Siobhan699
    Options
    I would like to shake you by the hand.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Some people have diseases or allergies that causes them to not metabolize things the same as others. I'm sorry, but everyone is genetically pre-dis-positioned differently and because of our genetic makeup, no single person on earth should follow the same diet as everyone else. You don't tell a hypoglycemic person to go on a low carb diet; you also don't tell person who just had cardiovascular surgery to go on a high fat diet.

Everyone IS different, so thank you for your pedantic speech on how you don't like people who claim to be different than you because it was humorous to see your arrogance. But if it helps you get over your inferiority complex to believe everyone is the same then go for it buddy; but I am nothing like you and my body functions differently than yours does (but I *am* seeing results so I am not complaining about the difference).

I have to agree here. There are genetic predispositions there are also metabolic disorders.

Which does not change what is being said and is referred to in the article.
  • katiefly86
    Options
    Bump
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU -- for proving my point!! I keep trying to tell a friend of mine this but she keeps saying this and that doesn't work for her and her daughter, "cause they're different" as you say and quoting all sorts of pop psychology/physiology from so-called "experts" (and I always question the reliability of her sources but she insists that it's true.) :noway: Some people just have to learn the hard way I guess.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The first thing people should do when starting out is read Lyle's website. Www.bodyrecomposition.com
    Agree wholeheartedly. Lyle's site has a wealth of informative and useful articles.

Judging by a couple responses in this thread, some of us *are* special little snowflakes - at least when it comes to reading comprehension.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Did you read the article? I'm guessing not because both of these issues were covered. Here's the cliff notes: Genetic predisposition play a very minor role and don't change the energy balance equation significantly. Metabolic disorders are a medical condition and when treated properly are minimized or managed. Really helps to read the article.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Even though I am a special snowflake that farts glitter (love that term now I will use it forever) I will bump this to read later so I can remember just how special I am :tongue:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-Jk9d1TQDZdcfGz2DW-qkoPAlC7ibOgbXUe7IbNxerr-Q2Yq2ag