Vegans & Veggie's

Options
I am not a Vegan or a Veggie, but I do have Meatless Monday's & Vegan Vednesday's...on these days I have a hard time eating all my calories. I would love to hear from others about what you eat that is healthy & helps you achieve your calorie goal. I feel like I eat A LOT, but especially on Vegan days I just stay so full & satisfied, especially adding all that water to the mix... I had been tracking on Livestrong for the last two & a half months, and I just started tracking on MFP yesterday. If you'd like to see my dairy you can request me as a friend (:

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

P.S. I am allergic to nuts, but I can have peanut butter in moderation & it doesn't bother me too much. Also, I love avocado & guacamole.

Replies

• Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Protein shake in the morning? Add some tofu or an Amy's burger to your routine?
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options

I am not quite sure I am on board for the protein shakes, but I am researching them & trying to make a decision about them, I know they would help the situation & that they work well for many people--I would just prefer getting my nutrients & calories from actual food. Thank you for the suggestion though--it is a good one.

Tofu--I do eat, I basically make it every way I can think of or find a recipe for lol--I had tofu & black bean chili for supper! I haven't had the Amy's burgers yet, but I do like that brand in general. I had 2 vegan Boca burgers for lunch! Thank you again for the suggestions though--they are a big part of my vegan menus (:
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils, tempeh, whole grains, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, fruit, etc.

Sadly, I have no problem eating a lot of calories.
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I am not quite sure I am on board for the protein shakes, but I am researching them & trying to make a decision about them, I know they would help the situation & that they work well for many people--I would just prefer getting my nutrients & calories from actual food. Thank you for the suggestion though--it is a good one.

Tofu--I do eat, I basically make it every way I can think of or find a recipe for lol--I had tofu & black bean chili for supper! I haven't had the Amy's burgers yet, but I do like that brand in general. I had 2 vegan Boca burgers for lunch! Thank you again for the suggestions though--they are a big part of my vegan menus (:

I totally understand about wanting to eat your calories instead of drink them :) Amy's california and sonoma burgers are freaking delicious :) they also make bean and rice dairy free burritos at about 300 cals, they fill me up and are super tasty. I think it's really awesome that you do mondays and wednesdays like taht