New tonight - any fit friends with a little to lose?

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm so excited to start using MFP and I'd love some friends to help keep me going. I'm 40, I practice Kung Fu, and I'm a former competitive swimmer / runner / rower. After I moved to Seattle a few years ago I put on about 15lbs. and wishing it away hasn't worked so far. I do NOT want to buy new jeans, so I'm launching a campaign to lose this weight (hopefully by my 41st birthday). Anyone else in a similar boat? Add me!

J

Replies

• sjnptl
    sjnptl Posts: 2
    Options
    I have 16 pounds to reach my goal weight. the picture I have now is to keep me motivated to not put it back on. Ive gained muscle lost little weight in actual pounds. This website is just a tool. After you make eating and exercising a habit its easy, but the motivation falls once in a while.
  • zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm really close to my goal, then I'll be on maintenance. Once I hit my goal weight though, I'll still have a way to go in terms of toning and getting into the SHAPE I want to be :) At the moment I'm 7 lbs off, but I may make the decision to raise my goal weight because my body is fighting against me so much in losing the last little bit, I'm starting to think I'm not MEANT to be that light.
  • sjnptl
    sjnptl Posts: 2
    Options
    what kind of workouts are you doing?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request.
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'll send a FR too :) I'm 7 pounds away from my goal weight! I'm super active (especially outdoors), extremely dedicated to exercise and my diet, and I LOVE MFP!