Question

lilangel7671
lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have to have fasted bloodwork tomorrow morning really early..which means no long morning run for me:frown: I don't know if my body will feel up to (or it is a good idea) to workout afterward. I am thinking it will be best to get the bloodwork done, come home and have my usual breakfast and move through the day like usual. Should I decrease my calorie intake for the day because I will not have worked out hard? I'm on maintenance anyway..but usually burn another 4-500 cals with exercise. If I do fit a workout in it will probably be later afternoon..This kind of messes up my eating as well because tonight I cannot eat past 8pm, whereas my dinner usually is somewhere in the realm of 8-9pm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• tmans
    tmans Posts: 5
    Usually a fasting blood sugar test doesn't take that much blood. Is that the test they are doing? If that's the case, you should be good to go to go about your normal daily routine, including your morning run, that is unless you have to wait at the doctors office for results. If that's the case, physically your body would be fine, but then time becomes your issue.
  • I agree with tmans :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Why not play it by ear, you may actually *want* to take that run anyway... bring a banana along for after the bw.
  • lilangel7671
    Thanks everyone but I am actually having a lot of blood drawn because they are testing my hormone levels. It might be weird to say this-but TOM hasn't come in awhile sooo dr thinks my hormone levels might be off. Anyways, I usually have a quick protein shake before running-then take an hour run-when I get back in I do my usual full oatmeal bowl. In this case, my bloodwork is right for the time I would usually run, and I cannot eat anything beforehand..so running earlier is out-I'll have no fuel!:grumble: I guess I will see what I feel like afterwards...but still any suggestions if I cannot get a workout in? I am going to try my hardest for later afternoon, but do you think I should decrease my cal intake?
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I'm not necessarily recommending this, but I had a ton of blood drawn a few weeks ago and went for a 4 mile run afterward. I felt fine, and I was very aware when I was running of how I felt and had already convinced myself that it was ok to stop if I needed to. Didn't have to though, I felt fine. I'd wait and see how you feel, or even ask the nurse drawing your blood. :flowerforyou:
  • lilangel7671
    Thank you everyone! So my bloodwork went well (I had never had any done before) and I felt fine afterward. It was really early so I actually even got home and still went for my run!:drinker: I am so happy-did a 6-miler with no problem but did take a fruit leather just in case. :laugh: Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.