Exercise BEFORE breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Personal preference should be the driving factor.... whenever you feel best/strongest is when you should be working out.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I like to run before breakfast myself and there has been some research that has suggested you actually burn a tiny bit more fat running in a fasted state (if I recall, however, the difference was so small that it really came down to what fits your schedule and your preferences). Do what works best for you as you're more likely to keep at it.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    there are no "you should's" as far as breakfast is concerned. Do what feels right to you. This whole process is finding your own groove and you will see that many people think they have the perfect answer. It really doesn't matter, just follow your instincts and go with that.

^^
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do it ALL the time. I ran 10 miles before I ate last Saturday. I feel better and lighter before I eat. Do what feels good for you.
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I usually don't like to workout on an empty stomach because I feel like I have no energy, so I will eat a yogurt or something small like that before I work out and then have a full breakfast afterwards.