How much is fuel where you live? (UK)

Options
2»

Replies

• felicity866
    Options
    hello everyone....try living is Australia...we pay $154.9AUS per litre which is about 3pound per litre on exchange!!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Portugal here - similarish prices to UK. Petrol is cheaper in our area than most others. Currently about €1.68 = £1.33 per litre. In more expensive areas it can be more than 10 cents dearer. So roughly £1.31 to £1.41. Diesel is about 20% cheaper here than UK though!

Cars are very expensive here - even second hand cars are a rip-off and so many tolls on the roads. We're really trying to use car less and stay off the motorways and other toll roads as it's getting insane the cost of it.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Cheapest petrol round here (Reading) is 137.9, diesels about 140.9 - ours cars a diesel, but it lasts pretty well

Yeaa, although the price of diesel around here is like £1.42 ive noticed it lasts much longer than my friends petrol car! My mates is a 1.1 petrol, amd mine is a 1.5 diesel and i can get 360 miles out of half a tank, she told me she can only get 210! Soo i must count myself lucky that mine is a diesel! Even tho is expensive! But lasts way longer! :)

Ours is a 1.9 tdi golf - so you'd of expected it to drink it like its going out of fashion :smile: - but good example, we went to Nottingham at the weekend - Filled up before we left (think its about a 341 mile round trip) and still had just over half a tank when we got back home :smile:

Woah thats reallly goood! I drove to chester zoo last friday, and from where i live its 175 miles, and that only used a quarter of a tank! Soo chuffed haha! They say the longer trips are better on fuel tho! Cos if i was to just drive around town for ages it would use more fuel than going on a big long trip. Cos im constantly changing gears and staying in 3rd gear all the time!
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    hello everyone....try living is Australia...we pay $154.9AUS per litre which is about 3pound per litre on exchange!!

??
    if you meant aus $1.549 per litre - that's £1.02 according to xe.com
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Yeaa, although the price of diesel around here is like £1.42 ive noticed it lasts much longer than my friends petrol car! My mates is a 1.1 petrol, amd mine is a 1.5 diesel and i can get 360 miles out of half a tank, she told me she can only get 210! Soo i must count myself lucky that mine is a diesel! Even tho is expensive! But lasts way longer! :)

Same here - we have a 1.3 petrol microvan and a 2.2 diesel PT Cruiser and the cruiser has way much better mpg than the van - up to 45mpg if I drive it right ....... but it costs nearly £75 to fill the tank now :noway: Even the little van is well over £50 from empty :sad:

Ahh thats quite alot to fill it up from empty! Ive got a peugeot 106 1.5 diesel. And from red to a full tank its takes £45 off me. Seeems like alot, but if i drive it good then u can get 60mpg, and from a full tank i can get over 700 miles :)
  • GW1970
    GW1970 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    £1.34 in Herefordshire.
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< and that thing only does 20 to a gallon :ohwell:
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    £1.309 in Leeds