Need motivation. Would love friends here!

Hello, everyone. I'm a 30-year-old, female graduate student in North Texas. I have a new boyfriend and no kids.

In the past five years, I've gained about 23 pounds. I went from 102.5 to 125 (I'm 5'3"). It's been gradual, but the weight gain is picking up. I was always a thin person without working out or eating healthy. But as I've gotten older, my metabolism just can't keep up.

I have never been sporty and loathe working out. I have a membership to my university rec center (state of the art) since I'm a student, and I really want to start using it. My chiropractor (I have slight scoliosis) said to stick to the elliptical and swimming. But I'm lost on how long I should spend doing those things. What I mean is, how long do I workout? When I start to feel the pain, I never know if I'm supposed to feel that and push through, or if I'm hurting myself.

I also need help with eating. I was raised in restaurants, and I would love some quick recipes/meal/snack ideas that are healthy.

I joined here a few months ago, but lost my motivation. I'm really hoping to get it back. The weight is uncomfortable - physically and mentally.

Thank you for reading!!

Replies

• Adforperu
    Adforperu Posts: 70 Member
    Exercise wise, it depends what the pain is really! If it's acheyness, that's fine really.. means that it's working! As for how long, depends on the person... if I'm working out, it's no more than 30-45 minutes (unless I'm playing football)