40 pounds to lose by Christmas

Options
is this doable??

Replies

• AmandaJade9
    AmandaJade9 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Its 2lbs a week or 1 kilo a week which is doable if you eat right and exercise.
    Im aiming for the same thing
    Add me if you like :)
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It is doable but will take a lot of hard work and exercise I expect.

I can lose around 9lbs per month but that's on a 1,000 deficit doing around 7 hours exercise (mainly aqua aerobics and swimming).

Good luck!
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Its mathematically doable.

But it's probably not recommended.

Only the super-overweight can lose weight that fast consistently. For anyone else to try it would require an unmaintainable level of extreme calorie counting discipline .
  • siendi
    siendi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered a low-carb diet? I have tried every diet under the sun but it's always low-carb lifestyle that works for me. I've dropped 5lbs in the last 6 days and feel awesome. I feel energetic and never feel hungry x
  • MrsAchu76
    Options
    It is doable but will take a lot of hard work and exercise I expect.

I can lose around 9lbs per month but that's on a 1,000 deficit doing around 7 hours exercise (mainly aqua aerobics and swimming).

Good luck!

Would that be 7 hours a day or a week? Sorry if the question sounds silly - it is official am a Nerd ;-)
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    As they say above, doable but not necessarily advisable. 10 pounds a month is a lot. You risk losing muscle mass and ending up skinny-fat.

Weight loss slows down as you approach a healthier weight, and from reading other people's posts on MFP, the last ~15 lbs take long-term, sustained effort.

Perhaps you could try 6 weeks of diet/whatever, and then set your Christmas goal once you know what your body is capable of? Good luck!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    What do you weigh now?
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It depends:

What is your starting weight?
    How tall are you?
    What to do want to achieve...weight or size reduction?

Are you just trying to get in particular size clothing?

If it is size you are concerned with, you may lose size, but not as much weight as you would like. I have only lost 39lb... but have lost 86.5 inches in 144 days. There's 124 days until Christmas day.