keeping yourself motivated

Options
how do you MAKE SURE that you work out?!?! im supposed to work out for at least 30 minutes a day... any suggestions advice or tips? thanks guys! let's lose it together!!

Replies

• Sarahbearah05
    Options
    Logging my caloric intake and workouts on here definitely helps! I'm hoping peoples posts will help also. Just keep in mind, nothing tastes as good as skinny/healthy feels, and just remember all the compliments you'll be getting from everyone!
  • mrssim
    mrssim Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think logging it in does help somewhat, but it's still so hard for me to actually get up and get the workouts done. For me...I need something in my face everyday so I mark my calendar green on days I haven't worked out and pink on days I do. It's been serving a pretty good reminder lately that if I'd have stopped the excuses and done the work I could have been halfway to my goal right now
  • dmh0204
    dmh0204 Posts: 81
    Options
    Just tell yourself that you have to do SOMETHING. Anything. Tell yourself, I am going to go outside and jog to the end of the block, or walk for 10 minutes, or swim 4 laps, or some small goal. That easy goal seems manageable, but once you get started, it's easier to keep going.

And definitely log it. My exercise calories are my dessert calories. So, often at night, I'll think, if I want ice cream, I'm going to have to work for it.
  • jwatson7
    jwatson7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get my workout done first thing in the morning. I do a strength training video M,W,F (just 30 minutes) and I run T,Th,S (between 30-45 minutes). I find that if I don't get up and get moving, I might not workout at all. It is a great way to start off the day.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror...

Do I see abs yet? Do I see striations in my delts and in chest?, Do I have vascularity in some weird places (such as quads) flexed?

If no...work harder.
  • ABetterMeForHIM
    Options
    thanks guys!! you guys are a great help. maybe I'll try waking up and working out earlier in the morning.
    and will probably get a huge calender to mark the days that I don't do it and it will remind me that if I want the results i HAVE to put in the work!