Hello Once Again

Options
Cedura
Cedura Posts: 184 Member
I had been using MFP for a while, lost 10 lbs with it. And then fell off the bandwagon due to increasingly poor health. My doctor has said I can resume "appropriate" diet and exercise, so here I am, with a few major restrictions from the man with a medical degree. Looking for people who would love a new buddy, and who love to give encouragement because there will be plenty of days that I need it.
To throw all the cards out on the table, my health related issues is that my body is slowly rebelling against my every wish. I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis after several years of misdiagnosis. And after several unpleasant tests, they know what is wrong with me. I often have limited use of my hands, and some days my legs decide they dont feel like working. So exercise for me is sometimes a bit difficult, but of the days I can I plan too.
So if you have MS, OR if you have arthritis, are a paraplegic or have some other reason why exercise sometimes does not work that day I would LOVE to get to know you, get to know what works for you.
And since I will be having to focus primarily on my diet, I would LOVE to get to know people that have great dieting suggestions for low-cal, low-carb yet CHEAP and filling meals. And they have to be SUPER easy to prepare because I often am not able to use certain cooking implements, like a knife (my hands sometimes decide I should drop things, and my toes would not appreciate a knife being one of those things haha)
Obviously Im not letting a diagnosis get me down, and I am generally good-natured about it. Im learning to say "I have MS" like others might say "I have brown hair" its just a fact, but it changes nothing. I have 50lbs to lose over the next year, and Im going to do it safely, and a bit at a time, and my bad days arent going to stop me even if they do slow me down.

Replies

• Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the diagnose hon but looks like you have the best attitude!

Look forward to seeing you around in here some more :-)
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello We all fall off once in a while its just important to pick up and start again. You can do anythig you put your mind to. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: