Topic: T.H.E. Team (Trying Hard Everyday) Week 42 ~Everyone

Options
Welcome to the group that tries hard everyday (THE) Anyone and everyone is welcome to this group. No matter how overweight you are, or even if your struggling to maintain you will find the support and advice here. We share ideas and tips to help others become more successful with their health and advice to help overcome our battles. If you need support this is the place to come. This group has been around for 42 weeks... it's a great group and we welcome everyone. Majority of us weigh in on Fridays which is the start of a new week here for us. This is how we post...

cc_campbell81-SW 149,GW 130,CW 144 -5 lbs lost since 22 Oct 09
(Holiday Challenge- weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010)
jlb123- SW 270/GW 150/LW 243.8/CW 240.4 = -3.4lbs

I haven't included myself because I haven't weighed yet. We always copy and paste the list while adding to it. We have weekly challenges and with the holidays coming up we have holiday challenges too.
Good luck ladies and welcome to the new week.:smile:

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    lulubar SW205/GW 145/ CW 182 = -1 lb.

I will definately take a pound a week loss :0)

Pawprint - thanks so much for starting the new thread! You're the best:flowerforyou:

CC and Jlb - Way to go girls! How great you are both doing! Jlb - you are burning this UP girl!! I'm not great at accepting compliments either - but when people do comment on my weight loss now, I just smile really big and say "Thanks! I'm really trying to become as healthy as I can be." That's my stock reply - I want people to know that it is a concentrated effort to change my life that has resulted in the changes in my body so that they can become a part of my success - when people know that I am working on my health, they are so supportive and encouraging - I love that!

Okay gang, I am leaving in the morning for my holiday away - I am soooo excited! I will be gone a week, so probably won't have much of a chance to post, but I will try. AND I will definately be tracking my food and getting in my daily cardio - no exceptions!!

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving - and know that I am thankful for each of you and the journey we are on together!:love:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    pinbotchick SW 237/GW 140/CW 217= - 4 llbs

Have a great weekend everyone. I went 1000 calories over last night - It was the wine and the homemade (really good) chips at the restaurant that did me in :embarassed: But I really had a great time with my family. Today will be another over day since we are celebrating Thanksgiving. I will back track tomorrow.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Way to go girls. Everyone is doing great. I won't know my numbers until later today. I was off work yesterday so lately Saturday has become my weigh in day. The scale at home says 148 to 149. I like the scale at work much better though because it's certified and it's digital.

Have fun lulu, we'll miss you. Try super hard to get your cardio in girl and watch those calories.

pinbotchick-- you can still enjoy thanksgiving and watch your calories..... just don't go over too much lol. I know I will go over mine when we have thanksgiving too.

I'll be back on later with my numbers. Have a great day and start to the weekend ladies.
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    Sorry it has been a couple days since I posted but on Wednesday I got the call my Dad needed help and it went downhill from there. Long story short, he is stubborn but we got him to the doctor then the hospital for observation - it turn out to be dehydration - not even the flu but dehydration is bad enough.
    I had three hours sleep in 48 hours. I didn't really weigh in this week cause Wednesday night I had so much sugar and caffeine to keep me awake at work I was scared to weigh. I also have restarted my exercise challenge over - day one today. Pawprint - I was doing fine on the pop challenge til Wednesday night and I had more pop that night then I had had in a long time - I was ashamed but it gave me the adrenaline to get through the work night. I will be back later to catch up on the threads.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    Sorry it has been a couple days since I posted but on Wednesday I got the call my Dad needed help and it went downhill from there. Long story short, he is stubborn but we got him to the doctor then the hospital for observation - it turn out to be dehydration - not even the flu but dehydration is bad enough.
    I had three hours sleep in 48 hours. I didn't really weigh in this week cause Wednesday night I had so much sugar and caffeine to keep me awake at work I was scared to weigh. I also have restarted my exercise challenge over - day one today. Pawprint - I was doing fine on the pop challenge til Wednesday night and I had more pop that night then I had had in a long time - I was ashamed but it gave me the adrenaline to get through the work night. I will be back later to catch up on the threads.

I hope your dad recovers quickly. It sounds like you need to get caught up on some sleep. Don't be ashamed. I know what it's like going for the pop to give me some energy..

Here are my numbers finally.

pinbotchick SW 237/GW 140/CW 217= - 4 llbs
    Pawprint-sw168,gw130,cw149--lost almost 1lb.

My holiday challenge numbers
    To lose 15 pounds by Christmas
    I've lost 6 pounds since I started with it
    I have nine more to go =)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I found this link where it lists 50 weight loss tips. Check it out. Some are kinda interesting.

http://chris.pirillo.com/50-weight-loss-tips/
  • losingweightforme
    Options
    Hey Gang
    Just thought I would stop by and post. I put in my second day of the exercise cnallenge today. Been so nice here I have been taking advantage of it by getting outside and walking. I sure wish it would stay through winter but don't think that will happen. Hope everyone has a good night. I am on my way to work.
  • manda1111
    Options
    Sorry I didn't show up on Friday. My husband is out of town and my choir is having two rehearsals a week to get ready for Christmas on top of all the normal stuff. I'm excited though I only have to work today and a half day tomorrow, so that is nice. I'll check back after thanks giving.
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Started the day out well. I ran 5.5 miles! (I haven't done that in over 2 years.) It's good because I will need those extra calories today because we are having our Thanksgiving potluck at work today. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. I am finally to my pre-baby weight. Unfortunately the stomach isn't leaving as quickly as the pounds!

191371.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    cc - 5.5 miles WOW. I am working on c25k and was proud to run 3 min without a break - I cant even begin to imagine 5.5 miles.

lulu - I hope your having a great time.

pawprint - thanks for the website on weight loss.

LW4M - keep up with your exercise challenge - I hope your up to day 4 now.

I hope everyone has a fun filled, healthy Thanksgiving.

I failed on my self challenge for eating better with company. I guess as long as I only get together in large groups several times a year it wont be the end of the world. At least I got right back on track and have stayed within calorie limits since Sunday. I have a dilemma though - I hate to waste food but this company left things we don't normally eat - potato chips, whole milk, chips ahoy cookies, etc. I just hate to throw the food out and the packages have been opened so I cant give them to a food pantry. I know I can eat the things slowly using portion control but if this is a lifestyle change I don't want to eat it. I just need get over my guilt.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Pinbotchick-- you can do what I do... close them up and stash them somewhere in the kitchen... forget about them and then in a few weeks stumble across them and oops they are stale nothing better to do now then throw them away. I make myself forget about them because I don't want to lose control and go crazy. Most of the time I don't because I don't want to eat them either like you, but for the things that have left or given I just forget about them. I have a toddler who is still on whole milk so its in my house but I can't drink it so that doesn't bother me.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Sorry Ive been MIA. Hubby's home this week and will be leaving again this Sunday for a week to Salt Lake then we are taking a 4 day weekend to Baltimore together. Im super excited about it because i get to see a friend there that I havent seen in over 12 years! Anyone else in the Baltimore area? If ya are and ya wanna get together, let me know. I'll be there Dec 6-9th and hubby will be in training for 2 of the 4 days we are there, so Im game to do some shoppin or walking!

Lets see... what else is new with me...

Last Thursday my foster kittens went back to the humane society so they could be put up for adoption. We decided, or at least.. I decided that we werent gonna keep any of them, altho the kids and hubby were bugging me about keeping at least 1. I had my own idea tho.. LOL Instead, I dropped them off and looked through the dog area. I immediately fell in love with a 3 year old male miniature dauchshund and called hubby (who was on his was home from Seattle) begging and pleading to let me get him. Well... he had to meet him first, and I thought for sure hubby would say "hell no!" because I kept saying that I didnt really want a dog "right now" but had been broaching the idea with him for a couple weeks. To be honest, Its kinda scary not having a barking alarm while he's traveling and Im here by myself. I didnt have to press the issue for long..once hubby met him he fell totally in love with the little guy and we adopted him.

We named him Diego and man.. I tell ya.. he is the greatest dog I have ever had!! He is smart as a whip, has not pottied in my house, loves my cats (nilla & charlie) and is a wonderful little barking alarm when someone comes to the door. He doesnt chew on anything or snap at the little kids and he thinks the best thing in the world is sitting next to me on the couch (which is pretty much like having a light heating pad next to my thigh all day.. lol). BUT.. the absolute best thing about him is that for a little runt, he is awesome on walks! Every morning he wakes me up and DEMANDS that we go for a walk. He wont even let me get a cup of coffee before he starts barking to have me take him and he isnt into the "quick trip out to the grass to do his business" kind of walk...Once he's awake, he wants at LEAST a full 30 minutes on the sidewalk before he's done and if I try to cut it short.. he will bark his little fool head off until we go out again. Let me tell you... its VERY MOTIVATING to get my butt out the door at 9am just to shut him up since I havent even had my coffee yet.. LOL! He pulls me (seriously...he weighs a whole 12 lbs.. but somehow those little legs make me walk faster and faster!) around the neighborhood and makes me keep a good pace. He doesnt even stop every 2 minutes to sniff a bush.. its literally "go diego go" the whole 30 minutes... and yesterday when we got kinda close to the house (maybe 100 feet).... he wanted to flat out sprint run...which was a light jog for me.. so we did! I walk him EVERY morning for 30 minutes then another 30 at night. So right there.. Ive got an hour solid every day, rain or shine, walking around the neighborhood with him because he wont take no for an answer.

SO... I am back! Havent weighed myself in a week, but I was at 214 the last time I popped on the scale, which is 2lbs heavier than my lowest. Once tomorrow is over with, I'll be watching the food a bit more, but Ive been pretty good, with a few exceptions here and there.

I wish you all a very warm & Happy Thanksgiving!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone - Enjoy your families and the food. Thankfully, my celebration is over so I don't have to worry about the calories for today :bigsmile:

Here is my advice for the day based on my weekend of celebration - enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about the calories. Shoot for a goal of staying even for the week so that if you eat 3500 calories (1 pound) over you will be even for the week - that is a lot of extra calories in one day. Don't panic like I did when the scale shows a huge gain the first few days after Thanksgiving - it is most likely water weight from the added salt in foods you ate. It has taken 4 days of returning to normal eating for this to come off. I really could have used my own advice Monday Morning :blushing:

LI4G - I love your dog story - pound puppies are the best - his picture is adorable. Congrats on your new family addition. My mom is 6 miles away and I often borrow her dog for my long walks - it makes the time go quicker watching a dog explore the world.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    oi vay!! I ate way, way, wayyyyyyyyy too much today! I havent been this full in so long! LOL I definitely dont like it!

The good news is that the only leftovers I have is 1 pumpkin pie and enough turkey to make me a sandwhich tomorrow for lunch! So... at least its done & over with and I wont have all that good stuff staring at me whenever I open the fridge. Im sure the kids will devour the pie in no time!
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    Well I didn't lose anything this week but I also didn't gain. I am thankful for that because it was a stressful week and I didn't log my food the last two days. I am also still on track towards my goals. I hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving. This was my first year hosting dinner and I cooked for 10 (My husband and I invited over some of our coworkers that don't have families)! It was a little overwhelming but turned out great. Have a great weekend.

SW 149
    GW 130
    CW 144 -5 lbs lost since 22 Oct 09

Holiday Challenge- weigh 140 by Jan 1st, 2010

Goals:
    Starting Weight- 149 lbs
    Mini goal- 144 by 27 Nov 2009
    Mini goal- 139 by Jan 1st, 2010
    Mini goal- 134 by Feb 5th
    Mini goal- 132 by Feb 15th, 2010
    Final goal- 130 by Mar 1st, 2010

Fitness Test Goal (January 2010):