There are 2 blocks of fois gras in my fridge

124»

Replies

• Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    I love how it becomes a fight because someone suggests that torturing animals before you eat them isn't the best way. What a radical concept! I eat meat and don't have qualms about animals being killed for food. However, I don't think they should be tortured first - and that just seems so damn obvious.

That said, assuming that this foie gras was humanely produced, eat a little bit and enjoy it. A one time treat is not something to really worry about - you are going to have treats during your life, and as long as you are eating well and exercising the rest of the time, a once in a while treat isn't going to have a long-term impact.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    I love how it becomes a fight because someone suggests that torturing animals before you eat them isn't the best way. What a radical concept! I eat meat and don't have qualms about animals being killed for food. However, I don't think they should be tortured first - and that just seems so damn obvious.

That said, assuming that this foie gras was humanely produced, eat a little bit and enjoy it. A one time treat is not something to really worry about - you are going to have treats during your life, and as long as you are eating well and exercising the rest of the time, a once in a while treat isn't going to have a long-term impact.

I like the way you think :-)
  • Jeez, I didn't think it would turn into this kind of discussion.

Each to their own. If people are offended by how it's produced, don't eat it. Simple as. It's my free choice.

I eat meat, battery chicken fillets, beef I'm sure which wasn't humanely treated. If I could buy organic, free range meat from animals which have had a fab free-roaming life and locally produced I would but that's not the reality these days.

I am FULLY aware of where/how fois gras is produced btw. And I still choose to enjoy it. Berate me for that if you want. My DH is heading into the french bakery in Dublin on Saturday to get some baguettes (and french cakes) so we can have some on sat evening. I will enjoy it. Merci beaucoup.

I have eaten it for breakfast on a darkly toasted bagel. I don't care about the political discussions either. Have at it and enjoy!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Just wanted to say the only reason I mentioned watching the videos is that for ME it would be more than enough to 'control my consumption' and stop me eating it. It was an aversion technique suggestion.

If OP wishes to eat it then the obvious answer is enjoy in moderation or stuff yourself and suck up the consequences.