Dare I say, I'm actually aiming to GAIN weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Alexcon85
    Options
    G ood luck! gaining gain be as much as a struggle as losing!!!! i have a friend who is the same as you and she is managig to gain some slowly....her thryroid was under active have you had yours tested?

never had mine tested. Is it an easy going non-invasive test?
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Not at all, you are striving to get fit and healthy, this is a fitness website after all and the same healthy options that work for weight loss work for weight gain, just in different portion sizes.
  • Alexcon85
    Options
    Hi, I know that when I am sick with my stomach and loose weight very quickly and a lot of it in a short amount of time and need to gain it back, ( which by the way is totally contradictory to what my goal is) I have to drink ensure and a lot of it. Try protein shakes to because I had to eat a lot of protein bars and protein shakes to put the weight back on. It took me about a month but I did it!!! You can too... and you will not look fat if you do it the correct way and work out. Good Luck

thanks for the motivation! I've just started on protein shakes, they are so huge though! not easy to get those down on top of solid food
  • 48vixen
    48vixen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Most people struggle to lose weight, but I actually want to gain it. I've always been skinny and I suppose classified as 'underweight'. I'm 27 and weigh in at a mere 62,9kg's. If there are any other folks out there in the same boat as me, give me a shout- nice to chat about your experiences.
    [/quote
    I am also trying to gain weight. I started drinking weight gainer shakes to help with all the increased calories. I had weight loss surgery and lost 160 pounds then got diagnosed with hyperthyroid. I just want to get back to where I was last december at 125. Good luck
  • Alexcon85
    Options
    If I'm reading your ticker correctly you lost 112lbs that's awesome!!! and something to be so proud of...

My ticker must be broken ;)
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm with allocated all the fat in the world. I have quite a few pounds I'd be willing to give away. :-)
  • Thundercat73
    Options
    If you have a high metabolic rate that is the haredest thing in the world, but not impossible.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    G ood luck! gaining gain be as much as a struggle as losing!!!! i have a friend who is the same as you and she is managig to gain some slowly....her thryroid was under active have you had yours tested?

never had mine tested. Is it an easy going non-invasive test?

Its a simple blood test to see what your hormone levels are.
  • Alexcon85
    Options
    Good luck in your endeavour! My sister in law has always been on a gain diet due to high metabolism. People can be cruel to underweight people and that doen't help her with her self image.

Eating often and packing in the "good fat" calories usually helps. This way you don't get too full. Some peole put a couple of globs of coconut oil in their morning smoothies.

My sister in law eats high cal power bars throughout the day.

I wish MFP had a "gain" ticker for those who need to gain :-)

I was thinking the same thing, a gain ticker would be friendlier than going into negatives.
  • Alexcon85
    Options
    If you have a high metabolic rate that is the haredest thing in the world, but not impossible.

this is what I'm kinda of worried about. Is there really any point in me trying to gain weight with a high metabolic rate. It feels like its close to impossible