nutrition info for Tesco chicken anyone??!!

Options
Hi
im trying to add to my diary values for Buxted Barbeque Half Chicken 700G from tesco.

there is nothing on the packet regarding calories, fat, protien nothing!

so i looked up bbq chicken and it put for 1/4 of bbq chicken 500 odd cals and 78g!!!!!! of fat.

the bbq on the chicken isnt a sauce its a "sprinkle" marinade typ thing its literally just on the skin.

anyway i couldnt beleive thats right?

if anyone has more accurate neutrition values for this chicken please let me know b4 tea time haha i really want to eat it but not if thats how much fat is in it!!!!!

thanks x

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    that's probably close to right.... I'm not familiar with Tesco stuff so I looked it up (but couldn't find nutrition information) I have looked at similar products in the grocery that DO have stuff on the label, and they're always out of control because they are a PREPARED food. Typically loaded with fat, calories and sodium. Just avoid all that jazz, get some raw chicken breast and cook it yourself!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    sounds high to me

in the database "Generic - Half Rotisserie Chicken" is 610 cals 29g fat per half chicken.

Tesco web site (which doesn't giver nut info for the Buxted Barbeque Half Chicken) states ingredients 94% chicken, 6% BBQ coating. so the BBQ coating would have to be pure lard to bump the fat up to 78g.

I'd use the Generic - Half Rotisserie Chicken value and add a separate entry for a couple of table spoons of BBQ sauce. Or, if your not eating the skin just add 1/2 chicken without skin.
  • jodiegr88
    jodiegr88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    thanks alot,

well ill be making it tonight as its defrosted and i cant bare to waste food hah, ill avoid the skin and not buy it infuture, if the OH wants bbq chicken he can add his own sauce. =P