I'm such a big baby.

Options
So last night I got into my daughter's Halloween candy. Didn't do TOO much damage, but still . . .

And I weighed myself this morning to find that I haven't budged in a week. I already complained about this in another thread.

Anyway, I was feeling pouty and sorry for myself here at the office, so I ended up eating one of those 4-piece Reese's peanut butter cup packages, AND a snack-sized bag of my favourite Miss Vickie's Sweet Chili & Sour Cream potato chips - yum!d

I haven't gone over my calorie alotment, by some magic, but of course, I've got nothing left for dinner. Fortunately, I'm having dinner at my in-laws, and my mother-in-law isn't a very good cook, so I won't eat much tonight anyway. :laugh: Lovely woman, not a good cook.

And it hit me. I'm feeling just a little pouty because my husband has been away on a business trip all week, and won't get back until Monday night. I'm behaving like a silly schoolgirl! I just miss him. (sigh)

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Replies

• LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, as of this writing, 84 views, and no responses. Guess I'll have to do it myself.

There, there, Little Sister. It's easy to give into temptation when you're feeling blue. Just try to focus on your reasons for wanting to lose weight and get into shape. Instead of eating crappy foods to comfort yourself, maybe you could take a walk. Or send him a lovey dovey email. Or busy yourself with some task.

Everyone overindulges sometimes. The trick is to self-correct and get back on track as soon as possible.
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Thanks, Little Sister!
  • tacey21
    tacey21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. My boyfriend got into some REALLY engaging volunteer work over halloween... he was wrecked.

I was sad/lonely and doing some sad/lonely eating...

What helped was doing some nice things for him. He was too busy for housework, so I'd do that. Make him food thats not ramen and has some nutritious value. Not only will he be happy to see you, but will appreciate the nice things you've done... and you'll feel like its very rewarding.

I hope you feel better.
    Dont beat yourself up over reeses cups. sometimes it has to happen.
    And you always have a chance to do better. :)
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Thank you, Tacey!!!:flowerforyou:

Good idea - maybe tomorrow our daughter & I will think of something nice to surprise him with when he comes home Monday night!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Little Sister,

Thanks for the laugh. I now have that feeling that I get when I drive by someone broken down on the side of the road.

O.K. today I'm stopping.

Little Sister, you have given yourself some great advice. You are smart, beautiful, and gosh-darn it people like you. You have a rare gift of an outstanding sense of humor, your friends and family are lucky to have you.

Be Well :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSister
    Options
    You are smart, beautiful, and gosh-darn it people like you.

ha ha, thank you PATB!!!!!!!