When do you FEEL skinny?

Options
2»

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Jeannie you look amazing! Your pictures truly show a wonderful glow from within and a healthy body on the outside!

My mind still plays horrible tricks on me. The women in my walking club, who didn't know me at my heaviest, asked me to bring a before picture to show them because they are all excited for me with my weight loss. I printed one off and I didn't see a huge difference in it. My friend was over and she looked at it and said "holy cr@p!!". I asked my husband and daughter if there was a big difference and they looked at me like I was insane and said their was a HUGE difference.

There are days I feel very fit and strong and other days I feel like the old me. This weekend wasn't the best for eating so I felt a lot like teh old me:ohwell:
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    im back into my 'fat jeans' from before i got pregnant. [lost weight before i got pregnant also so these are the jeans that were the fat jeans back then!] and i actually feel pretty good in them. seeing as ive been captain sweatpants for the past 4 months now to be in jeans [normal jeans not stretch ones haha] is weird.

went to pick my babys daddy up and got out of my car so he could drive only to hear 'wowwww youre wearing jeans, they look GOOD' which basically made my weekend haha. but i still dont feel skinny! [im not by any means haha. but its nice to be back into jeans for sure]
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I feel the SAME way! Friends and family are saying "you look so good, you're small, etc.", but I just don't believe it yet. I still feel 244lbs. in my brain, probably the same way when I felt like I was 170, when I was actually 244! lol Isn't it funny how our mind acts? After all of this hard work we should be able to enjoy our new bodies, not be in denial of them! I just haven't gotten used to being this size yet. I haven't been this size since 2003, maybe? Plus, I have people saying not to lose anymore weight b/c of my wide frame. I just want to fit into size 8, single digits, and I will be happy. Thanks to these lovely hips, I'm currently in 10-12, but hopefully after the last 15lbs. are gone, I'll be in my goal size!

Keep up the awesome work!!!
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I feel skinny when there's no mirror and no stick thin people around to compare myself to. :)
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I feel skinny when I don't have to turn sideways to walk through a narrow gap between the students' desks!

You look great--size 6, wow!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    In answer to the comments about self perception, for me a picture always looks "fatter" than the mirror image. Don't know why that is.

As for feeling "skinny"--even though I am not yet halfway to where I want to be, the fact that I can't buy anything in the plus size departement anymore because it will fall off me, has made me feel "skinny" relatively speaking. Trying on pants and being able to pick and choose, rather than settle for the one pair that fits well enough to be tolerable is also a positive change.

BTW, as I have said on 2 other threads, if you are in transition, and at a point where you HAVE to buy some clothes or be arrested for indecent exposure 'cuz all your pants are falling off:laugh: REMEMBER your friendly neighborhood THRIFT STORE, RESALE SHOP, GOODWILL, whatever is in your area. I bought 3 pairs of pants for $20 at my local Goodwill, as well as a killer leather purse for less than $7. Money is tight right now, so this was a real mood booster as I was getting tired of wearing the 2 pair of jeans that I had and that was it, as far as pants that actually fit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!