Any Americans familiar with Michaels Craft Stores?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    nobody here rat me out to my guy friends...but I could spend hours in that store. :)

You should see the little 'treasure chest' I made for my son's bday...filled it with gold dollar coins, burried it in the back yard - gave him a treasure map and a shovel! :)

You're safe here...

I go there for all kinds of supplies... I make a lot of custom automotive/motorcycle/hobby parts, and its a good one stop store when I need bits to make a mold master or whatever...
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I DO appreciate that, folks.

But if I'm ever even a 'good' dad - much less 'best' dad - it's because I love my son enough to be his father - not his friend. It is because I love him so dearly I insist he respect his sister and mother. It is because I love him so much I'll whoop his little butt when he disobeys, disrespects, or when he is dishonest. It is because I love my son enough to be much more worried about his future adult self than his childish immediate happiness. Further, if I was ever a Good dad - that wont be decided until the end - but it is because I cherrish my daughter to the point of trying to set the example of how the 'next' man in her life should treat her. It is because I want to teach my daughter to settle for nothing less than a man who loves loving her.

The little crafts and quests I make for my kids? That's just me being creative.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

But if I'm ever even a 'good' dad - much less 'best' dad - it's because I love my son enough to be his father - not his friend. It is because I love him so dearly I insist he respect his sister and mother. It is because I love him so much I'll whoop his little butt when he disobeys, disrespects, or when he is dishonest. It is because I love my son enough to be much more worried about his future adult self than his childish immediate happiness. Further, if I was ever a Good dad - that wont be decided until the end - but it is because I cherrish my daughter to the point of trying to set the example of how the 'next' man in her life should treat her. It is because I want to teach my daughter to settle for nothing less than a man who loves loving her.

You could make a lot of money running seminars on "How to Be a Real Man"
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options

But, honey? I cry at movies and some country music songs (Butterfly Kisses by bob carlisle)...and I've enjoyed an occasional quiche.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I love my son enough to be much more worried about his future adult self than his childish immediate happiness. Further, if I was ever a Good dad - that wont be decided until the end - but it is because I cherrish my daughter to the point of trying to set the example of how the 'next' man in her life should treat her. It is because I want to teach my daughter to settle for nothing less than a man who loves loving her.

Oh how I wish all parents understood how important these two things are. And I especially wish all fathers understood that they have just as much of an impact on their daughters as they do their sons.

As for the topic at hand, I agree with some others that Amazon is likely your best bet. Most of the craft stores around here don't sell anything at all online, and those that do typically do not make their entire product offering available online.
  • Cindy4866
    Cindy4866 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

But, honey? I cry at movies and some country music songs (Butterfly Kisses by bob carlisle)...and I've enjoyed an occasional quiche.

I wish there were more dads out there like you and my husband. Your family is very lucky to have you!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Can we get back to the hunt for my journals please?
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the journals you speak of, but I can check. I frequent Michaels. :)
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options