20 stone and killing myself

Options
if i dont do something about it....im no spring chicken and unless i do something about it i dont think i will be here to see my grandkids..i already get out of breath just walking,,my knees hurt when i walk down stairs and both my parents had type 2 diabetis..i now really need to kick my fat butt into shape..your help along the way would be very much welcomed..thank you

Replies

• Howland72
    Options
    I hope you can too, I know how hard it is because I am in the same boat. I am new at this just signed up last night. I sure hope I can acheive a weight loss also. I have a 5 year old and 2 grandbabies that I would love to be able to go outside and play with but with this weight I can't seem to do much. I can't hardly breath even when I am not walking. So I sure hope this site will help all of us.. Good Luck on your journey I know you will succeed if you put your heart into it. It is alot of hard work but I know that I am going to do my darnest to try to get this off so I can enjoy our children.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am also new here, and very much a fat old Autumn chicken [well cockerel really]

I was over 18 stone in 2005, heart scare forced me to loose over 6 stone, in fact i went down to 11st 6lb from August 2005 to March 2006, not using this site, just cut out spuds / bread and suchlike

However too many pints, pub lunches, bacon butties and Cornish pasties have made me over 17 stone now. The final straw arrived about a fortnight back when I ran out of holes in my belt and had to make one :sad:

So I joined here, have started sensible eating again and I am sure we can both do it, I know I can, just have to walk past the Spotted Cow instead of going in at lunchtime as I have done in the past

Been on new food regime since 11 Aug 2012 and so far 7 lbs gone, only real exercise is walking, and my knees also hurt so you are not alone
  • rugbyphill
    Options
    Well go ahead and commit yourself. Why not be one of those amazing success stories that motivate so many others following the same path. The biggest challenge on the road to a healthier individual is the individual. This is what I struggle with. This site gives the opportunity for people to motivate each other and achieve our goals.

We can do anything when we put our minds to .. and with this site and the friends it will bring, motivation will not be in short supply!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I have been doing it since first of January this year and talking of grandchildren, On the 4th of July I took my kids to a water park and first time ever I got to be involved more with it, riding the rides etc with them. It was sooo much fun and nice not to just wait on the sideline watching them. I have been so happy this year and alot of it is due to the weight loss. I have a ways to go but believe me if I can do this (and still working on it) anyone can. MFP site has helped me so much and the friends I have on here has been so supportive, and they kick in when you get a little down and give good advice. Welcome!!