Eat preworkout??

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
Is a shake too heavy to have preworkout? What is good to eat if you are hungry preworkout?

Replies

• crazycakez
    Options
    I usually eat a FAGE Greek yogurt or a Luna Bar (if I'm on the go) about an hour before I work out.

I can't really eat anything within 30 minutes of working out, though, or I don't feel good.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're doing. I usually don't eat much solid food 90 minutes before. Maybe a banana.
    Always have my BCAA supplement though.
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    If I'm really in a hurry and don't want to feel too full, I just go for a banana! I can eat it as I walk to the gym if necessary.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I'm really in a hurry and don't want to feel too full, I just go for a banana! I can eat it as I walk to the gym if necessary.

I second the banana. I work out right after work, so I eat my banana before I leave and it's had time to settle when I get there.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So, stupid nieve me is asking the question...............

Is it bad to eat and then exercise?? I usually do my workouts after dinner (because that is the only time I have to exercise!).
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    So, stupid nieve me is asking the question...............

Is it bad to eat and then exercise?? I usually do my workouts after dinner (because that is the only time I have to exercise!).

I think it just depends more on how it makes you feel. I don't eat anything big before exercising just because it gives me a stomachache. You might actually have a better workout if you aren't hungry beforehand.
  • laurenleighlugo
    Options
    Avoid eating before your workouts. After working out, your metabolism is working the fastest so what you eat after will burn off faster and your body will only take in the necessary nutrients. e.g. vitamins and not the fat
  • Crystalmh88
    Crystalmh88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Avoid eating before your workouts. After working out, your metabolism is working the fastest so what you eat after will burn off faster and your body will only take in the necessary nutrients. e.g. vitamins and not the fat

Thank you for this, I never knew! :bigsmile:

If I eat before working out I tend to feel a bit nauseous during and even more after I workout.
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm doing cardio/treadmill, it's a treadmill class during lunch time. Wasn't sure what I should eat pre workout and post workout. What about post?