I think I'm doing something wrong :(

Options
124»

Replies

• nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    LaTortilla Factory has whole grain wraps for 50 cals. They have different flavors if you are craving something more creative!

I AGREE THESE ARE TERRIFIC! I know I'm a bit late on the issue. I have issues with carbs big time because I'm vegetarian too. If you must eat carbs, try different ones, I have grown very fond of quinoa (kinda looks like couscous) and people are also telling me to eat more bulghur wheat. I love just boiling brown lentils, adding a tiny bit of olive oil and seasoning. 30 grams of protein and 33 grams of fiber in those lil suckers! good stuff. They are still carbs, but they are not "white" carbs like the bread, sugars, white rice and what not. Try gluten free things too, Trader Joe makes a great rice pasta. I like their corn pasta too, but feel it almost boils away into the water :-/ Your height and weight are lower than when I started (again) in January (5'7" 217 lbs) and I have been yoyo'ing for years. I am down to 181 on my last scale check. Still going. Do it your way and don't rush yourself, you will see it coming off and you will keep it off.
  • nikbolok
    Options

The difference in food types you keep seeing is in direct coorelation to my husband's motivation! Most days he has already made me a shake and lunch and stuck them in the fridge (healthy days). The other days are when I'm left to fend for myself (unhealthy days).

You CAN make it your motivation!!!! I get lazy too, eat like garbage, "too tired" for the gym, don't lose a darn thing OR start gaining again..... I pay for it. I'm sure you're hubby is awesome, but you gotta start doing it for yourself :)
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
  • CariBgood
    CariBgood Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sweetie!!! You need to eat... and you need to eat more frequently. I can't say that I am doing any better, but I am eating. When your body goes into starvation mode it holds onto everything. If you are hungry and you have to be you will not lose anything. You should be eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day. Some days you aren't even getting 1,000. That is NOT good for you.
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Saving for reference, thank you!
  • nikbolok
    Options
    Sweetie!!! You need to eat... and you need to eat more frequently. I can't say that I am doing any better, but I am eating. When your body goes into starvation mode it holds onto everything. If you are hungry and you have to be you will not lose anything. You should be eating a minimum of 1200 calories per day. Some days you aren't even getting 1,000. That is NOT good for you.

^ Exactly. Starvation mode is bad, bad, bad. But it's what most "diet" plans tell you to do..... You could also become malnourished while still overweight. It's possible, it happens.