Mio liquid water enhancer

Options
12346»

Replies

• docwifey
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I just was curious more about the MIO giving people gas - seems like I could rocket to the moon if I use the stuff!
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    I tried Mio once and the flavor I got tasted like chlorine/pool water so never again.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I am not knocking any ones choice of drinks, but I personally will not touch Mio. The main ingredient in Mio is propylene glycol. That also happens to be used as anti-freeze as a replacement for ethylene glycol. While the FRA says it is safe, the department of transportation still requires large shipments of it to have a hazardous materials placard. When the product Mio is transported, it also must have the hazmat placard. I personally stay away from it for that reason. Everyone is free to make their own choice though.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    http://www.ehow.com/facts_7193334_uses-propylene-glycol-food-industry.html

"The ingredient is used in many chewing gums, chewy dog foods, cookies, candy, soft drinks, cakes, biscuits, sweets, beer, & salad dressings."

Pretty sure broccoli is safe. No, wait, pesticides. You better stop eating altogether.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If you have a chance to try this-

300.JPG
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am not knocking any ones choice of drinks, but I personally will not touch Mio. The main ingredient in Mio is propylene glycol. That also happens to be used as anti-freeze as a replacement for ethylene glycol. While the FRA says it is safe, the department of transportation still requires large shipments of it to have a hazardous materials placard. When the product Mio is transported, it also must have the hazmat placard. I personally stay away from it for that reason. Everyone is free to make their own choice though.

I have been vaping for 5 years (using an e-cig). The liquid is made with PG or VG (vegetable Glycerin), 100% pure nicotine synthesized in a lab, and flavoring.

Mmmmmm
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This is fear mongering. You drink (well I do) ethyl alcohol (booze) but not propyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).
    That one extra carbon in the molecule makes a difference. Chemistry matters.