Toning Up

Options
I do cardio (walking/jogging or Zumba five times a week..
I have lost 40 lbs with another 20 to go..... but I need to tone up and not sure what my options are.
here is a little history.....

I am 50 years old.
I have had surgery on both my knees.
I have MS so my balance is not good..
So although I like the idea of lifting, and /or circuit training...
squats and lunges are not realistic for me-- the combo of bad knees and bad balance make those risky for falling and injury...

What can I do that will bring results....

Replies

• Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    really??? noone has any advice!!! Waited over 24 hours and not a single person posted a reply.......... Wow! I am totally bummed!
  • Kat8976
    Kat8976 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi! I go to Zumba toning which incorporates weights and I have had great results in helping to tone my upper body.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Try talking to a doctor? Knowing you have injuries and such means it's going to be hard for any of us to know what you can and can't do.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    Circuit training could still be an option for you. There are ways to modify the moves so that you are able to do them safely. My dad has his knees replaced (and a ball bearing in his back, plate in his wrist, torn bicep, bad hips..he's just a hot mess) and he has a bowflex. I'm sure you could ask your orthopedic surgeon about incorporating some resistance bands or even just hand weights. Do you go to physical therapy at all? Or did you? You could always give a physical therapist a call and just check what is safe for you.