Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    balsamic vinegar
  • volatileskin
    volatileskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    pickles! (if someone hasn't mentioned this already)
  • volatileskin
    volatileskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    and fresh herbs are amazing :)
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce, peppers, garlic, lemon, lime, curry, and fire roasted veggies.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    When I make a salad I add garlic salt, pepper, and mint. It tastes so good!!!!
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I second horesradish - yum!

And lemon grass. Any fresh herbs are awesome to boost flavour in ANYTHING - esp. basil, chives, dill...

Not sure where you are but here in Ontario our supermarkets carry tubes of chopped herbs in light oil that are awesome - stash them in the fridge and pull them out to add to anything. Some stores carry them in frozen cubes as well!

And hot pepper flakes and garlic to - good tasting, and super good for you!!!

Have fun!!!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt mixed with Sriacha or buffalo sauce is great - you can even make chicken salad with it!
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I second the roasted garlic. Also, try sautéing Swiss chard with some olive oil and garlic, then adding a splash of vinegar to the pan at the end. It's got a really pleasant, sharp flavor and the texture is nicer than most cooked greens.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    PS now I'm crazy wicked hungry.... lol
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    wow, someone said pickles and i'd never thought to add to a salad, but now sounds good.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Fresh herbs! They provide sooooo much flavor, especially cilantro, and tarragon(tastes like licorice). try some other greens to, kale is full of flavor as is swiss chard.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    cilantro
    onion
    garlic
    ginger
    dijon mustard (Here's an amazing recipe http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/06/pork-chops-with-dijon-herb-sauce-525-ww.html)
    Chinese 5 Spice seasoning
    black bean sauce (though the sodium count is a little high, a little bit is all you need)
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My two favorite things to use are both tobasco products. The chipoltle flavor and the "green". They add a zing but aren't so hot you feel like your lips are melting. Different meet rubs also work on veggies and in salads. I've a Jamaican jerk rub on roasted veggies, tastes gooooood. Also used a Cajun rub in salad and on different veggies, as well as meet. A slash of lime juice adds flavor to just about anything.
  • sherribonne
    Options
    Just tried Trader Joes no guilt guacamole...yummo! lots of flavor and 30 calories for 2 tbsp. I had it with yellow pepper strips for a snack.

Also tried Trader Joes Wasabi Roasted Seaweed snack. The entire package only has 60 calories. Pretty good rolled with imitation crab meat. Homemade sushi in a snap.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    erticherk herts
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Throw some fresh basel leaves in your salad. Little flavor bombs.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Pickled peppers
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I second ginger and lemon...those are both good strong flavors. Add some grated ginger to sweet potatoes instead of butter and brown sugar.

And lemon on seafood instead of dipping in butter or tartar sauce.

Also, it's super easy to make cocktail sauce (for shrimp/seafood) with a little ketchup, Heinz57, and horseradish.