Weight Lifting Advice

Options
Ok, Just read "Lifting Weights Is The BEST THING You Can Do" thread. I need to get started. Here are the facts.

I am 62, male. Lost from 285 to 251 in about 4 months. Been doing Leslie Sansone, Wii, Dancing to Oldies, and walking up to 2 miles in the woods pushing my puppy in a stroller. That is it. I average 1200 calories 'healthy' eating. I do use the bands for resistance sometimes.

For the past 8 years I have averaged 1000 miles per week driving a car from customer to customer repairing on site equipment. Laid off in April and up until about 1 June, did not start exercising.

I have a bi-polar prosthesis in my left femur, (metal mushroom spike for an upper femur bone in the socket). Arthritis in my elbows, neck and back. I have been taking meds for these conditions since I was medically retired from the Army in 1986.

I am VERY apprehensive about the lifting weights thing, whatever I do will be a 'Testing' of the possibility to actually be able to incorporate them into my exercises regime.

Please advise what I should get, how I should proceed and what I should expect. Thanks.:smile:
29cxwes.jpg