workout dvds for BIG girls?

Options
there are a lot of good work out dvds for people out there, but for me it's still really hard to keep up. does anybody know of any word out dvds that are really slow paced for people who are pretty heavy? i want something that will push me, but not ridiculously hard. i want to be breathing afterwards. i'm looking at 30 day shred but even that might be a little hard, idk. any body have any ideas for me?

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I have the perfect dvd for you, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, you can start with 1 mile (12 minutes) and work your way up to the five miles. Its really easy I think you will enjoy it and succeed.
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    If you have On Demand (Comcast Cable) they have a section for workouts. They have a Biggest Loser section in there. They have people that have been or are on the show doing the workouts. I do the workout with Bob Harper. I like it. It makes you sweat and they have options for easier versions of the exercise for beginners. And they are not all stick figures, they look like actual people.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Try your local library or video store! I suggest Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds series until you feel you can advance ,then invest in something "harder" ! If you rent then you will know what you like and are capable of doing without losing too much of that hard earned cash!!! But please do not give up on exercising! It truly helps with losing weight and has so many other benefits!! Best to ya!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest 30 day shred. Take it slow & do the modified moves. And despite what Jillian says, you can modify the jumping jacks, too. :wink: Don't even bother with any dumbbells at first. I did it when I weighed 270 after not really exercising for several years. :smile: I felt like I was going to die sometimes, but it did get easier. I also recommend taking a day to rest in between your Shreds if your body tells you it needs it. Stick with level 1 for as long as you need.

Good luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds or any Biggest Loser dvd (has modified versions)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes I have the perfect dvd for you, Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, you can start with 1 mile (12 minutes) and work your way up to the five miles. Its really easy I think you will enjoy it and succeed.

My sister's doing that.

I love the original Sweatin' To The Oldies with Richard Simmons. It's goofy and fun, and I've used it for the past 5 months. :smile:
  • usacutie81
    Options
    I was also gonna suggest the 30 day shred. Give yourself a break every few days if you're feeling a little sore, but it's only 25 minutes (with stretching) and they DO have modified exercises. There is a modification for jumping jacks they don't mention, just tap your feet to the side and raise your arms but don't really jump. I agree with previous poster, skip the weights until level 1 seems a little easier, then add them. Level 1 isn't that bad and Jillian is super encouraging.

I hear the Biggest Loser dvds are also great. Personally I recommend the 10-minute kickboxing as well. You can pick and choose your favorite 10 minute workouts from the dvd. When I first started I just picked basic and the abs. 20 minutes and you should burn a minimum of 250 calories. Not really challenging but it gets your heart pumping and you'll feel it in your abs the next day.

Good luck!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I think the instructor's name is Debra Mazda? Her workout series are titlled "shapely girl". Such as "Shapely Girl Step" or whatever. She has walking workouts as well. I know collagevideo.com sells her workouts. Debra herself is not the usual super in shape instructor. Well, I'm sure she's in shape, but not all skinny & buff.

Good Luck to you & congrats on trying to find out what works best for you & not giving up!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    thanks everybody, i got some great prospects. i'm ready to get started!