I cried in the fitting room today...

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
...because almost everything fit! I put on this one top, and when I looked at myself, I thought "Holy crap! That's ME?" :laugh:

Then, I spotted a cool pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans, size 14. I'd never really been able to wear "normal" (not in the plus size department) fancier name brand jeans (knowing that their sizes usually run way smaller than most brands), and I thought "They probably won't fit now, but it's okay, someday they will."

Fit, they did. And perfectly, I might add! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I didn't end up getting them though, I didn't have $70 to spend on jeans. But I don't really care, all that matters is that they fit!

Maybe I'll save and splurge and they can be my "goal jeans".

You can do it everybody! It feels great when you get to reward after all your hard work! :drinker:

Replies

• sweetgl
    sweetgl Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    aww thats awesome!:wink:
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Great Job!!! How inspiring!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats WTG!!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    That is awesome:flowerforyou: You KNOW all your hard work is worth it when a nice pair of SMALLER jeans actually Fit! You are doing great and are an inspiration to all of us.:happy:
  • shamm08
    shamm08 Posts: 109
    Options
    That awesome, congrats!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been having a lazy feeling day. I am trying to motivate myself to go to the gym. Reading your post just gave me the motivation to do this. I too am in a size 14, but it is still a little bit tight. Thanks for sharing your sussess with us. It has motivated me:flowerforyou:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    That's so fantastic! What a great feeling :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's such a good feeling. I've spent a lot of time at Pennington's feeling like crying because the biggest size in the store didn't fit me (more often than not- not long enough). I'm loving that things are actually fitting me these days. Clothes are a huge motivator, right? :smile:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!! great job :flowerforyou:
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! I know, it is such an awesome feeling when you fit in the next size down! :bigsmile:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :smile: :smile: :bigsmile:

Well done! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I remember writing the maker of a skirt I'd tried on asking if the size that was in the skirt really was THAT size or was it the "modern" size (e.g. larger but called that size), then told the maker why.

The maker replied that I was indeed that size and congratulated me.

Just wanted to let you know that I TRULY relate! Isn't it fantastic!!???
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Macy's has a sale on Tommy jeans right after Christmas. You can get them for like $20!!!

Of course, you'd probably better wait because when you lose more weight you'll just have to buy more jeans.
  • toots99
    Options
    Thanks so much!

Just reading this thread we're all doing great...just of those who have tickers saying how much we've lost, in this thread alone we've collectively lost 387 pounds! THAT is amazing! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • toots99
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Macy's has a sale on Tommy jeans right after Christmas. You can get them for like $20!!!

Of course, you'd probably better wait because when you lose more weight you'll just have to buy more jeans.

Macy's is where I was today...I'll definitely keep this in mind!
  • SaraAnne
    Options
    contratulations!! That's so exciting. Way to stay on track and motivated! Your post made me smile and makes me want to keep working at this :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Fitting into skinny clothes & realizing you're HOT is one of the best feelings in the world! Congrats :)
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    great awesome feeling! I have cried in the dressing room, and opened the doors to see if there was anyone out there to share it with. :laugh: every size we all shrink is another happy beyond belief lady that she did what she set out to do to lose weight!!
    Congrats to all of us who cry in dressing rooms!!:drinker: :sad:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I didn't cry in the dressing room, but about 3 weeks ago, a friend gave me about a dozen pair of pants that were too small for her. She said I could borrow them and then give them back because she still intends to wear them in about 40 lbs. Well I tried on several of them this past few days and they are all TOO BIG!!!:laugh: :laugh: :cry: The reason I have the cry symbol in place is because this leaves me, once again, with just two pair of jeans that fit--one almost too big--and thanks to the Christopher and Banks 40% off sale, I just got a pair of black dress pants to get me thru the holidays. So that made 3 pair I could wear without feeling like I had clown pants on ( way too baggy).

I REALLY needed to get some more "interim" pants without breaking the bank, so for the heck of it, I went to Goodwill tonight and scored 3 pair of pants for just over $20 bucks!!! Best of all, ALL of them are short enough that I don't have to alter them!! ( I am about 5' 4" and get SOOOO tired of having to shorten pants.) Ironically, one of them is another pair of Christopher and Banks brand in the same style I just purchased, and they are a size too small, but they are the right length and should fit me by January, so what the heck!!

I also found a great leather purse for less than $7, that was just the size I needed to hold my day planner and everything else I need to haul around, so I am returning the one I bought on sale at Macy's for about $25

So, for less than $30, I solved TWO problems, and once I return that other purse, it more than pays for the 3 pair of pants I bought!!

For anyone who is still losing, consider the thrift or resale shops in your area. You can get clothes that fit without going broke, and when they are too big, you don't have to feel bad about donating them back because you won't have much invested in them, and you are helping someone else who needs clolthing without breaking their budget!! WIN WIN WIN!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't cry in the dressing room, but about 3 weeks ago, a friend gave me about a dozen pair of pants that were too small for her. She said I could borrow them and then give them back because she still intends to wear them in about 40 lbs. Well I tried on several of them this past few days and they are all TOO BIG!!!:laugh: :laugh: :cry: The reason I have the cry symbol in place is because this leaves me, once again, with just two pair of jeans that fit--one almost too big--and thanks to the Christopher and Banks 40% off sale, I just got a pair of black dress pants to get me thru the holidays. So that made 3 pair I could wear without feeling like I had clown pants on ( way too baggy).

I REALLY needed to get some more "interim" pants without breaking the bank, so for the heck of it, I went to Goodwill tonight and scored 3 pair of pants for just over $20 bucks!!! Best of all, ALL of them are short enough that I don't have to alter them!! ( I am about 5' 4" and get SOOOO tired of having to shorten pants.) Ironically, one of them is another pair of Christopher and Banks brand in the same style I just purchased, and they are a size too small, but they are the right length and should fit me by January, so what the heck!!

I also found a great leather purse for less than $7, that was just the size I needed to hold my day planner and everything else I need to haul around, so I am returning the one I bought on sale at Macy's for about $25

So, for less than $30, I solved TWO problems, and once I return that other purse, it more than pays for the 3 pair of pants I bought!!

For anyone who is still losing, consider the thrift or resale shops in your area. You can get clothes that fit without going broke, and when they are too big, you don't have to feel bad about donating them back because you won't have much invested in them, and you are helping someone else who needs clolthing without breaking their budget!! WIN WIN WIN!!
    Which one did you go to? I think we live close by one another dont we?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!