Jenny Craig newbie-love My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi! I'm an outgoing resident of Memphis starting a 68 pound weight loss journey. Diabetes and heart disease run in my family, so since I turned 40 this year I HAD to get on the ball to lose this extra padding.

Joined My Fitness in 2011, but didn't do well on WW. So, I'm doing Jenny Craig this time. Day 3 on Jenny Craig and doing well. My Fitness Pal has been SO helpful for tracking my progress!

If anyone else is doing Jenny would love to connect for mutual support and info exchange. Like to chat with anyone else who is also serious about getting healthy :)

Good luck everyone! :happy:

~Nikki

Replies

• Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki and welcome,
    My name is Genny and I have been on MFP for about 3 years now and I haven't had much success but I was on Jenny last year for 3 months and lost close to 45lbs. I ran into money troubles and silly me I stopped Jenny. I have about 100 lbs to lose so I was far from over. Within a year I had gained every lb back but .5 an ounce. I have been on Jenny now for about 2 mnths and so far I have lost 21lbs. I started using MFP again to get into the habit of tracking my calories because lets face it, I will be needing to track my calories for the rest of my life to stay on track and to finally keep the weight off for good.

Feel free to friend me if you want. I try to post on MFP often but I am usually on the Jenny Craig forums. lol

Good luck on your journey. Jenny Craig is a great program. :drinker:
  • Nichole71
    Nichole71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, Genny! I was on JC 12 years ago and lost about 24 pounds which got me to my goal. But I stopped and since that time I've gained all 24 pounds back and added 44 more. I have 68-70 pounds to lose. I plan on getting to goal and sticking with JC for the rest of life. Even when I get to maintenance phase I'll go back in a check in to make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I just let it get outta control. I'm a foodie, so it's been tough to keep the weight off.

Glad to meet you and I sent a friend request. :smile:
  • resa13
    resa13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am also doing Jenny but keeping track on MFP. The weight is going off very slow. Glad to have a few friends on the program.