Hi! I am Jess First goal met!!!

Hi everyone
I met my first goal and the result is that I get to introduce myself. I was holding off to see how well I would stick with this program before I joined in. So first goal was 1 month or 10 lbs whichever came first. 10 lbs came first!!!!
I decided on July 31st that I was just sick of "who I have become". 230 lbs 40 yrs old, feeling old. slow and just getting older and slower. So starting on Aug 1st I buckled down. Got up off of my butt and just started walking in place every day and watching what I ate. I have now progressed to walking my block (perfect .25 miles and hilly) until I reach a mile according to my pedometer. Starting in September I am going to incorporate yoga into my routine as well as upping my mileage. I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learn some great knew tips!

Jess

Replies

• gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    Welcome and congrats on meeting your first goal! I have found MFP to be quite helpful in my quest for better health especially when you have friends on here with similar goals!
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Hi Jess,

First of...good job on the 10 lbs! Way to start of your journey! I, too am in my 40's and I know what you mean of feeling old and slow and sick of it all! I'm not a new member here....it's more of a comeback and get serious! Feel free to add me :D
  • highfalutin
    highfalutin Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks for the welcome! Tough journeys ahead but we can do it!
  • trinaburk
    trinaburk Posts: 12 Member
    Hi Jess,

I'm not new, been around for a while, but I was not serious about MFP as a fitness tool until now. I figured I should give it a go since I canceled my membership with a different weight loss program and I'm having trouble breaking old habits. Anywho, I just wanted to say that I understand exactly where you are and congrats on the 10lbs, that is AWESOME! That is what it is going to take to be successful (small goals that move into great rewards).
  • ktyper
    ktyper Posts: 14
    hey, great job!! way to make goals and stick with them. feel free to add me if you want and we can support each other!